Gallery? Is it down? [RESOLVED]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We still have all the graphics. The gallery database was for whatever idiotic reason (I take all the blame) using our development database (which wasn't being backed up) and got "house cleaned" the other day. Working out the best way to get it back in action has taken a back seat for now as that gallery is not a very popular part of the site as compared to the thread galleries. I will try to step up the recovery!

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
There must be more than one database Jason? I can't access my gallery , but my profile is cycling through various pictures that *are* in my gallery (the statistics photo, and random photo change), so it has links to them somewhere....

Tony.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Ah, I didn't realize the photopost gallery was being linked into the profiles. Nice to see them still displaying - the records for those must be in the main VB database. As mentioned previously the files themselves are all still fine, it's the main gallery database that needs some love. I'm returning from holiday tomorrow so I'll be able to give some closure to this matter in the next few days.

There's nothing broken with the regular post image uploading, this thread is to do with the "photopost" gallery plugin located at: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gallery/. To upload an image in a post click the "manage attachments" button in the bottom of the advanced post editor.

When I click on the link your provided or click on the Gallery tab on top, I get this message:

Could not connect to User databaseUnknown database 'dev_diyaudio_forum'

I hope you'll get it working again because I had some photos in my folder that are very important and located newhere else ---{not even on my own computer}--- so if I lose them I'll be extremely upset with you guys, but I'll especiallybe upset with myself for not keeping backups ---Doh!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I've got the gallery back up again (hopefully). The last images uploaded are from October 16th. If you experience any problems please let me know. If there are any images you are specifically after that were uploaded after this date, just let me know - we have them all as files, we may have lost some links from the database to those files, and we can manually recreate them.

Apologies for the long delay in getting this back up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.