Forum breaks my internet connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My router / broadband has reset twice today. Both times accessing this forum. 1st time when I accessed:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-hifi-supply/156854-dht-otl-linestage-tram-2-a-43.html#post3209028

2nd time when I accessed:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/

to navigate to this page. I was using Chrome, I'm now using IE which seems to be holding up.

I read up on my router, there seem to be issues with host intrusion detection, maybe this is being triggered somehow. Some people suggest too many wireless devices can do it but the common factor here seems to be something on this forum. Maybe all the phones in the house connecting to the router push it close to its memory limit and then something on the is forum is the last straw. Really weird.

maybe try Enigma browser,it 's a no frill's no add ons,
Was a listing on the forums page about a virus a while back but everything has been smooth lately,,,
You might try a anonyamizer ,spelled that wrong,that might keep him off your ip # also ghosting. Search google or go over and have a talk with the kid,LOL
NS

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone is trying to break into my broadband wireless, somebody would have to be well inside my property boundary to do this. Theoretically it's possible with mega powerful equipment.....no, it's an issue with the router which gets triggered by a combination of this site and Chrome. IE is doing fine, which is unusual!

hi,clivetjm
Then it's possible it's router settings,maybe try changing the speed of the connections,
good luck!I got mine fixed after changing speeds and channels,I also centrally located it and it's near the ceiling.
Regards,
NS
Until I can be bothered to track down the setting to change the easist fix it to access this just site via IE. The channel it uses is ok, I've checked with inSSIDer. I have great stabiliy if I do this, Chrome is fine for all my other personal and work sites.

Until I can be bothered to track down the setting to change the easist fix it to access this just site via IE. The channel it uses is ok, I've checked with inSSIDer. I have great stabiliy if I do this, Chrome is fine for all my other personal and work sites.

Ohh, make that "Until I can be bothered to track down the router setting to change the easist fix it is to access this site via IE".

3 days on, no resets. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this site, it seems to be Chrome and my router in combination that that don't approve of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.