diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Forum Problems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum-problems/)
-   -   icons stopped working (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum-problems/216314-icons-stopped-working.html)

DF96 16th July 2012 07:14 PM

icons stopped working

The small icons in the Quick Reply box have stopped working. I don't think I have done anything, although MS or Firefox may have carried out an automatic update. Any ideas?

DF96 17th July 2012 10:16 AM

I have also noticed that when posting I now always get the extra page telling me what is happening, instead of simply refreshing the thread with my post added. Not sure if these are related.

Another forum I use which has the same underlying software still works OK, so something has changed at DIYaudio.

DF96 17th July 2012 10:36 AM

Another problem. If I try to edit a post then I can make changes but then not save the result because the Save icon doesn't work either.

Is this a Java problem? I updated my Java yesterday because Firefox told me it was out of date but this has not fixed the problem.

Mooly 17th July 2012 11:28 AM

You should be able to check Java here, it will tell you if the correct version is installed.
Verify Java Version

I haven't noticed anything different and I always see a page that says something like "thank you for posting". I always have done.

Mooly 17th July 2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooly (Post 3095208)

I haven't noticed anything different and I always see a page that says something like "thank you for posting". I always have done.

Lol... and this time I didn't ! Taken straight to the post.

Mooly 17th July 2012 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Which now has done !

Funny how you notice things. The image attached went straight to the "main page" and didn't show as uploaded in the small pop up window which I normally then have to close...

Dunno... maybe some things are different.

DF96 17th July 2012 11:57 AM

Just checked Java at that link you gave. It says version 7 update 5, which is the current recommended version.

Maybe I will try logging out, or deleting DIYaudio cookies.

Osvaldo de Banfield 17th July 2012 12:02 PM

The forum is working properly for me (Win XP +Chrome). TNX.

Mooly 17th July 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DF96 (Post 3095234)
Just checked Java at that link you gave. It says version 7 update 5, which is the current recommended version.

Maybe I will try logging out, or deleting DIYaudio cookies.

Worth a try. Also maybe delete all temp Internet files that can be deleted. I only use IE so don't know how and where other browsers store the info.

DF96 17th July 2012 12:41 PM

Logging out doesn't fix it, neither does deleting cookies. Incidentally, when I log out it says that cookies have been cleared but Firefox told me they were still there so I deleted them manually.