icons stopped working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Which now has done !

Funny how you notice things. The image attached went straight to the "main page" and didn't show as uploaded in the small pop up window which I normally then have to close...

Dunno... maybe some things are different.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 51
Just a thought (probably a question for Jason): I assume the problem I had was because some DIYaudio support file was cached on my machine, but then somehow corrupted so it no longer worked. Can these files have an expiry time set (like some web pages) so that browsers know to periodically renew them? Slight increase in web traffic, but significant reduction in use frustration?

Thanks to Mooly for suggesting the solution.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Just a thought (probably a question for Jason): I assume the problem I had was because some DIYaudio support file was cached on my machine, but then somehow corrupted so it no longer worked. Can these files have an expiry time set (like some web pages) so that browsers know to periodically renew them? Slight increase in web traffic, but significant reduction in use frustration?

Thanks to Mooly for suggesting the solution.

Some things, like graphics, have a long TTL (Time to Live). That makes the site load faster. Sometimes things go awry with your browser cache or ISP cache, etc, and that's just a part of internet life. Doing a HARD refresh usually solves the problem, and failing that, clearing your cache.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.