Malicious URL on diyaudio website? [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Guy's I believe the gallery has had an accident. Not sure if it is going to recover. Jason is pre-disposed at the moment and should be able to answer in a week or two.

Tony.

Yes, I'm currently on holiday :) We still have all the graphics. The gallery database was for whatever idiotic reason (I take all the blame) using our development database (which wasn't being backed up) and got "house cleaned" the other day. Working out the best way to get it back in action has taken a back seat for now as that gallery is not a very popular part of the site as compared to the thread galleries. I will try to step up the recovery!

Just before christmas I got a firefox malware warning diverting me from the site for a few hours, but as a matter of course I have livejasmin in the hosts file with a destination of 0.0.0.0, that usually means I never see the problem, they seem to generate nasty popups that blat straight to full screen if not tamed at source. 109.71.160.200

Wrinkle

Hi george,

You need to find the "hosts" file in your windows directory, you will need to turn on "show hidden and system files, also you will need to run notepad as administrator, open the hosts file and save it as "hosts", making sure to include the quotation marks in the save dialog otherwise notepad will add a silent .txt extension which will stop it working.

then append the following:

109.71.160.200 0.0.0.0

and save the file, Livejasmin will never be able to hijack you again.

Wrinkle

Status
Not open for further replies.