Thread notifier suddenly stopped... no emails - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2012, 05:42 AM   #11
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Anyone else with this problem? I'm definitely getting emails (via a 3rd party system). Check your spam box? We're going to shift to sending mails through amazon SES in the future so they are whitelisted...
Old 7th June 2012, 12:48 PM   #12
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

It's been OK here.

Worth a mention again that if a new member under moderation posts to a thread then it doesn't trigger the notifier (for me anyhow) no matter how many post afterwards.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:49 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I got an email notice of Jason's message but didn't get an email notice of Mooly's message.
Old 10th June 2012, 03:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Okay! It has begun to work. I've been getting many boominator notifications. Many is better than none. Thanks!!!
Old 17th July 2012, 03:07 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

No notifications, then they're back, then they're not, intermittent since the 4th.
Old 17th July 2012, 08:16 AM   #16
diyAudio Administrator

I've restarted our mail server. Let me know if you have more luck.
Old 17th July 2012, 03:04 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Thanks! This is better, since I did get a few notifications.

Maybe it is my fault? Question:
Could Adblock Plus, Ghostery or DNT+ tracker/ad blockers be causing notification failure? I run all three simultaneously. That would almost certainly be a problem if the notification counter was reliant on tracker. If so, which trackers are the good ones that I need? Google analytics? Google custom search engine? Openx?
Old 18th July 2012, 07:17 PM   #18
diyAudio Administrator

The email is sent from server side code, so no, the problem has nothing to do with front end AJAX or anything fancy like that. Much more likely your ISP putting emails in your spam folder or rejecting them outright. We may move to Amazon SES in the near future which will help with whitelisting, but might prove too costly for regular emails.
Old 19th July 2012, 01:19 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

The solution that worked for me is to keep watch on the subscribed threads folder. That feature works.

P.S.
The ironic thing is that the notifications worked perfectly before I donated. But on the very day that I donated and got the star, the notifications started failing at random and have glitched intermittently ever since. Isn't that odd?
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:07 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

This subscriptions page has been the solution to the notification problem. And that page is more interesting and more informative than waiting on emails anyway. No worries now.

Hide this!Advertise here!