Instrument Amp threads in Tubes/Valves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The tubes/valves index page

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/

states, right at the top:

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Then, two lines down, in bold typeface

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Audio tubes for any amplifier: from high end home audio to classic guitar amps.[/FONT]

Perhaps this is causing confusion, and a degree of avoidable shifting of threads started in tubes/valves?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Where is he seeing that second line? I don't see it all here in firefox on any machine I use - of course I configure them all the same.

If some people see that line then it might explain at least some of the confusion..:p

Is that actually a vendor ad? (I don't see any ads since I both contribute to the forum and block them.)

diyaudio_tubes_valves.gif

Hi Kevin,

The attached pic is part of a screenshot of what I see looking at the Tubes / Valves index page.

Firefox 4, Ad-block plus, Ghostery and NoScript.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
View attachment 277165

Hi Kevin,

The attached pic is part of a screenshot of what I see looking at the Tubes / Valves index page.

Firefox 4, Ad-block plus, Ghostery and NoScript.

Yes, that is an advertisement (banner) for one of our sponsors, not an official forum statement. I hadn't considered that members might find the advertising confusing. The banner actually is a link to the respective advertiser.

I seriously doubt the guitar amp posts up in the tubes section are there from confusion. I suspect someone not familiar with this board arrives, sees "tube amps" and looks no further.

How many times have I been in a thread about some product and a new person pops in with "where can I get a schematic for that?" And the answer is "back on page one of this thread, post #7." Many people don't look once they see anything relating to their situation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.