front page not updating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I asked for a refresh of the front page.
It still showed the search from 5 minutes before.

I logged off and tried front page again. Still the old search came up. Now about 7 minutes old. I refreshed again and again. I entered the diyaudio.com into the address line and still it showed the old search. Now 10 minutes old.

I logged on to write this post.
But before sending it, I opened a new tab to see that the front page showed a new search that was up to date/time.

Why does this happen?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The pages you're seeing aren't coming from the site itself. It's likely coming from your ISP or from your browser. What browser and version of that browser are you using?

Are you able to connect to a different ISP when this happens (via another wifi connection from a different ISP, or from your phone if it's a different ISP) to verify that it's your ISP doing the caching?

I assume you have tried doing a hard refresh - Refresh your cache - When hitting F5 just isn't enough!

I only have access via the one ISP.
So it's more likely that either my PC or my ISP is caching the previous data and simply redisplaying the out of date page.

I don't remember subtleties like F5 and certainly not what a hard refresh, or when a hard refresh could be a solution.

I will read the link but I suspect that like other things that I don't practice regularly it will disappear fairly quickly.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Andrew... if your ISP is still BT (same as me) then I don't think that is the problem.

I think clearing all your temporary IE files (that's everything) will fix this.
It's also easy to save all your cookies etc so that when you do do a full cleanup at anytime you can just import them again (cookie file) to save you having to enter all your passwords and login info again.

W7 are you running ? with IE9 ?

Gone wonky again.

I logged off.
Went off and did some work.
Came back and clicked on the DIYaudio icon on the front page.
It updated and told me I was the last poster 3 mins ago.
Refreshed the page. Again 3mins ago.
Closed the Diyaudio tab in Firefox.
Opened a new firefox tab and typed in Diyaudio. The front page came up saying again I was last poster 3mins ago.
I logged in to see that the "real" front page shows my post as 26mins ago.

Why won't my PC show the DIYaudio front page? It seems it wants to show the last version it holds in memory and won't refresh or re-load.

As an aside, a few days ago I added diyaudio.com as an "accept" option in my cookies deletion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.