Posting images - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2012, 02:04 PM   #11
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
Ah! That's it!

Edit: They still come through as thumbnails ok.
I wuz under the impression that you wanted them to come up as thumbnails - sorry about that!!!

If you want them to come up as an image then they need to be at a server that can be addressed - say photobucket or youtube or something of the sort. Then you type in the URL address as text and it should come up. Watch out for how large the image is - some folks load a huge image to the file and when it comes up it can be HUGE - so do watch the size of the image to which you link...

The large images can be nice to look at - but for people with slow connections they take forever to load. They will throw stones at you and key your car and bite your dog for that sort of thing....
Old 18th April 2012, 02:16 PM   #12
Simon B is offline Simon B  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thank you both for your help

It seems that it doesn't matter whether a reply is started with the 'Post Reply' button, or the 'Go Advanced' button. Similarly, the 'Manage Attachments' window can be invoked with either the paperclip or the 'Manage Attachments' button further down the reply page.

The key point is that clicking on the filename shown under the paperclip causes attach tags to appear in the body of the reply text where it's being typed, and the magnifier to be lost. If a file has been uploaded, it will appear in the Attached Thumbnails box under the text of the reply.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Keeping the magnifier.gif (63.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 18th April 2012, 02:21 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
I wuz under the impression that you wanted them to come up as thumbnails - sorry about that!!!

I've probably failed to be clear enough, you were right first time, I do want thumbnails, with a magnifier, as opposed to thumbnails that link to the full size picture at a different url on the diyaudio site.

I was catching myself making ambiguity after ambiguity, and obviously didn't weed them all out.
Old 18th April 2012, 02:31 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
Use the paperclip icon above your reply or scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments".

If using the paperclip, only use it to upload the image. DO NOT then click on the name of the image to get the [attach] tag in your message.

Godfrey you will of course by now have reached the conclusion that I am really quite thick, and I can't argue with you. All the information I needed was contained in both your text and your screenshots. But because I opened the second one first, then the first one second, I misinterpreted your meaning.

By way of penance, I've combined your pics into one, for the benefit of any bloopers like myself trying to figure this out in future.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prnt3.JPG (63.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 18th April 2012, 10:56 PM   #15
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Glad you got that sorted! Thanks Thomas, for your help.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:03 PM   #16
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Godfrey you will of course by now have reached the conclusion that I am really quite thick, and I can't argue with you. All the information I needed was contained in both your text and your screenshots. But because I opened the second one first, then the first one second, I misinterpreted your meaning.

By way of penance, I've combined your pics into one, for the benefit of any bloopers like myself trying to figure this out in future.......
Congratulations Simon - you have now become the go to guru for how to hook things up!!!! You need to start a Wiki thread about it all and then attach a link here.....
Old 18th April 2012, 11:09 PM   #17
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

don't use jpeg for line drawings, schematics - small text, details will be unreadable

.png or .gif do better with line drawings
Old 18th April 2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yes, absolutely.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:54 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
Congratulations Simon - you have now become the go to guru for how to hook things up!!!! You need to start a Wiki thread about it all and then attach a link here.....

Noooooooo! Pleeeeeeeeeease! I'll never do it again, honestly!

Old 18th April 2012, 11:58 PM   #20
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Noooooooo! Pleeeeeeeeeease! I'll never do it again, honestly!

To late for that mate!!!! You have been cleverly drawn into our little trap!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!