Weird navigation / hidden subforums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "Moving Image" subforum seems to be thoroughly lost. In the navbar on the left of the diyAudio homepage there's a list off all the subforums, but "The Moving Image" is missing.

However when I click on the "Forums" link at the top of that list, I get to this page which lists "The Moving Image" under "Member Areas". OTOH, when I follow the link to The Moving Image, the breadcrumbs at the top of the page suggest that it falls under General Interest > Everything Else. That makes me wonder where it's really supposed to fit in.

I think a link on the home page would be nice; I only found it completely by accident when I followed a link in the "Recent Posts" list, and found myself in a part of the site I never knew existed.

Hmm..... Now I'm wondering if there are any other "hidden" subforums I don't know about.

Cheers - Godfrey

edit: Maybe it could be listed under General Interest, along with Car Audio etc.

Attachments

• home.JPG
    home.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 84
  • forums.JPG
    forums.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 81
  • mi.JPG
    mi.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have spotted 'Moving Image' sometimes on my travels, though I haven't checked it out yet.

Maybe a new 'Vaguely related tangential interest' section could be created, with a 'Driving without due care and attention / cephalo-seismology' sub-section? Just a thought...might be able to fit GPS systems in there too perhaps?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It was removed from the navigation as it's a forum we're not promoting any longer. It's got a lot of interesting stuff in there, we didn't want to nuke it and we're happy for people to keep discussing things in there as they like, but it's not going to be in our main navigation.

And on the topic of things we shouldn't be seeing, probably time for Minisemi to update that ad...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.