Ads are refreshing and preventing reading of posts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I thought that, among other things, being a donor I was supposed to be able to kill ads. I've never attempted that, but just now the ads were cycling through and each refresh was returning me to the top of the page and making it impossible to read posts! Is this standard operating procedure? It's utterly intolerable!:mad:

Brad Wood

The thread on which this is occurring is Sound Quality vs. Measurements, in The Lounge

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I thought that, among other things, being a donor I was supposed to be able to kill ads. I've never attempted that, but just now the ads were cycling through and each refresh was returning me to the top of the page and making it impossible to read posts! Is this standard operating procedure? It's utterly intolerable!:mad:

Brad Wood

The thread on which this is occurring is Sound Quality vs. Measurements, in The Lounge

Hi! Very sorry to hear that. Can you please let me know:

* your exact operating system
* which exact browser you are using (typically found in [help=[about]

and I will attempt to replicate the problem and find the cause of it. My hunch would be on some errant javascript or something weird about that thread in particular causing a problem with the ad loading script.

Does it still happen if you turn off the ads through your forum control panel?]%[/help]

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Hi! Very sorry to hear that. Can you please let me know:

* your exact operating system
* which exact browser you are using (typically found in [help=[about]

and I will attempt to replicate the problem and find the cause of it. My hunch would be on some errant javascript or something weird about that thread in particular causing a problem with the ad loading script.

Does it still happen if you turn off the ads through your forum control panel?]%[/help]
[help=

Not to bother I think Jason. Internet Explorer 7 (I think, :eek:). But it has not recurred, so whatever bizarre Moebius Loop phenomenon it was, it has gone away. Sic transit...

Brad]%[/help]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.