late edits, permissions error and sinbin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

A few questions:
A) I notice that frompie edited this post 2 days after it was originally posted. How is that possible, given the 30 minute limit on editing? I'm not complaining, just curious.

B) When I tried to report that post, after submitting the report, I got an error message:
godfrey, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: [snip]
What's up with that, don't I have permission to report posts now?

C) On an unrelated note, whatever happened to the sinbin thread? I thought it was a good idea, letting everyone know who's in the bin, for how long and why, but it doesn't seem to be used anymore. e.g. mikee333 has been in the bin for a month now, but there's no mention of it in the sinbin thread. btw, Is he ever gonna be let out? :D

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi godfrey, I can answer at least the first question :) The first post in each thread is now indefinitely editable.

This is mostly so that project threads or group buy threads can have the first post updated with links to the latest schematic, details etc.

B) that is a bit strange, you should definitely be able to report any post. I'm not sure what is going on there.

C) as far as I know the sinbin thread was originally there so that the mods knew when to let someone out, as it was a completely manual system, though I guess it also has the benefit that curious members can see why someone is in the bin, if used in that way. As for is mikee333 ever going to be let out, do you think he should be? ;) I'll mention to the other mods, might have been an oversight...

Tony.

Hi godfrey, I can answer at least the first question :) The first post in each thread is now indefinitely editable.
Thanks, I missed that announcement (found it now).
As for is mikee333 ever going to be let out, do you think he should be? ;)
Sure, why not? Everyone deserves a 2'nd chance.:)
Besides which, I think there's still a couple of rules he hasn't broken yet. Youse guys are just being lazy an trying to cut your workload again, aren't you? :devily:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.