Forum? What forum? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2012, 02:40 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Forum? What forum?

Hi There,
First problem.
There seems to be a problem with which forum a given topic is in. I can usually figure out where to start, but then the subject of conversation drifts. For example, in discussing my proposed power supply, someone eventually wants to know what it is for. My amp, of course. So I start a new thread under chip amps. But then someone else recommends a change that was already covered in the power supply thread. Is there a way to combine these threads? Or at least cross-reference them?

Second problem.
I see a lot of flags next to people's names. How does one do that?

Thanx
The Happy Hippy
Old 1st February 2012, 02:48 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

For #2, click "User CP" - at the top, near the centre. Then click Edit Your Details. Scroll down, and you can choose a country - I think that will give you a flag.

For cross-referencing between threads, if you click on the post number (top right of each post), you can link to that post within the thread (the rest of the thread will be there to read, but it scrolls to the post you linked. Neat, huh?
Old 1st February 2012, 03:24 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Chris is spot on for getting a country flag.

To get 2 threads merged, hit the report post button and give clear details of which threads you would like merged and where you would like it to end up.

A mod will make it so,

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!