Nightly maintenance problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I regularly get logged out.
I have complained about this and you blamed my computer and/or cookies.

You shouldn't get logged out. Out of 16 or so sites none ever logs me out ever unless I delete cookies etc.

Are you using Internet Explorer ? (what version) and do you have any 3rd party cleanup tools installed (like CCleaner) that could perhaps be deleting cookies. Might be worth checking any settings.

I don't know what settings to check.
I use Firefox and I have set security that when I shut down my cookies get removed.

But during writing a post I can get logged out and have to hope that after I get the request to log in, the system does not lose my post.

During a read session, I can go back by clicking on my search results to see my list and the system tells me it has no results to show. But I was looking at the results list two clicks ago !

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I don't know what settings to check.
I use Firefox and I have set security that when I shut down my cookies get removed.

But during writing a post I can get logged out and have to hope that after I get the request to log in, the system does not lose my post.

During a read session, I can go back by clicking on my search results to see my list and the system tells me it has no results to show. But I was looking at the results list two clicks ago !

Never really used Firefox although I guess it has similar settings.

I have diyAudio as a "favourite" so I can just one click to get here.
Because it is in favourites I have the option to preserve cookies for it even though they (cookies generally) are set to delete every time I exit from IE.

It's sounds weird to get logged out of a session though.

Do you have internet explorer installed that you could maybe try diyAudio on.

I seem to remember having inconsistent behaviour on some sites when I tick the "delete passwords" option even though I have preserve favourites ticked.
I find these settings work well for me... its not Firefox of course but might help a bit. Second pic shows all that gets deleted each time IE is closed but all sites in favourites are untouched.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 95
Another nightly maintenance problem. Not sure if this is related to the other one.

If I am browsing the site when maintenance starts I get the page telling me so, with the old computer pictures. When the site returns I often get an error report something like "missing or invalid token, please report to site administrator and tell him what you were doing at the time". Well, I was either clicking on a link or using the back button on my browser - I forget which (but I suspect the latter). Refreshing the page does not help, so I have to come back in again via my Firefox Bookmarks.

This happens to me regularly.
I have reported it via the administrator and a lovely female asks me for more detail of what I had been doing that led to the error (lost token).
After many months I have given up reporting the missing token, cos I had no more information that I could supply to help the administrator to "find" the bug.

Any system like DIYAUDIO.COM is going to require maintenance. It has to happen at sometime during the 24 hour clock.

Come on guys. It only takes 5/10 minutes and we know when it happens.

For us in the UK it is 11 o'clock in the morning.

Go and have a cup of coffee and its all finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.