Unusable threads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using Vista from home, I cannot reply to thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/203261-subwoofer-box-rattle-issue.html#post2836392
because the ads keep changing and making the page scroll back to top, then after many ads I get some Java messages. I'd donate, but can't afford to yet. But some threads are just unusable as the big center ad keeps changing quickly, other threads work OK. You'd think there was a stuck button, but in the software not the hardware LOL.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
IE8 is the current Microsoft browser and there are known issues with IE7 relating to security flaws and compatibility with the latest web standards. Microsoft recommends upgrading - this may solve your issue.

I use Firefox on Windows 7, Linux and Windows XP and it performs consistently and has lots of useful add ons not found in IE..

Bottom line. Stay away from Internet Exploder. Far away. :no:

Amen.

Last virus I got I was searching for fire brick mortar fer gossakes. Had to take box down to new system to get rid of it. Changed to Firefox, do a windows update about once a month and don't even need to run a virus checker. Clean for over a year now. Oh, also run noscript on firefox. A pain to train which sites you want to allow but then no annoying flash banners. Watch any you want with just a click.
Doc

Thanks for the warning . So what is so wrong with it i would really like to know..
Ian

A combination of things, one greatest prevalence. The majority of the malware writers go for it. Second, this is made easy by the propensity Micro$oft has for leaving holes that they can get in themselves. I'd say at least 50% of the security updates you get from Micro$oft are aimed at plugging holes (security vulnerabilities) in IE that they put there probably on purpose.
Doc

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Using Vista from home, I cannot reply to thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/203261-subwoofer-box-rattle-issue.html#post2836392
because the ads keep changing and making the page scroll back to top, then after many ads I get some Java messages. I'd donate, but can't afford to yet. But some threads are just unusable as the big center ad keeps changing quickly, other threads work OK. You'd think there was a stuck button, but in the software not the hardware LOL.

Sorry you've been having this problem, but I'm unable to reproduce it. The ads shouldn't make the page scroll back up to the top! I recommend using Google Chrome, if you can. It's fast and sleek.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.