Placing images in posts ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, this isn't a problem per se, more of a request :)

In other forums that use the same vBulletin software as here, people are able to upload images & ALSO place them Exactly where they require for better clarity etc in their posts, eg:

Text ..............

View attachment 451032

Text ..............

View attachment 451033

Text ..............

View attachment 451034

All we need to do is copy/paste the code that is displayed after uploading, into the post, as above.

I know there is a 3 image inclusion limit per post on here, though other forums do allow more.

Could Admin etc consider changing things at your end, to enable us to do this from now on ? I believe it would help to allow the posts/info to flow & be followed/digested etc in a much more linear way.

TIA

Regards

Attachments

• up.gif
    up.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 157
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi, I will ask the owner if that is something we can do.

As far as three posts go, all you have to do is upload the first three and then start again before you post. Like this:

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_2555.jpg
    100_2555.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_199.jpg
    IMG_199.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8018.jpg
    IMG_8018.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 48
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'll see if we can improve our editor before we "cross the chasm" of upgrading to an entirely new forum platform (which isn't far off now)...

Really you're asking for a WYSIWYG image editor, and I don't think there are any decent drop in solutions for vBulletin.

Last edited:
SORTED

@ Jason

upgrading to an entirely new forum platform (which isn't far off now)...

I wonder why ? as vB looks Pro, is easy to use etc.

Placing Att's inline now SOLVED :) Thanks to some kind advice from an Admin on another vB forum.

TEST

Text

t3.gif

Text

Text

Etc etc

How to do it ;)

After uploading right click on the Att name you see, copy/paste the attachmentid number from the URL where you want it to appear. Do that for every Att. you want to post, Preview & make sure it appears as you require, then Post.

:):):)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.