Banner adds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anything you might want to share with us Scott? :D

Banner ads are getting more and more targetted of late - I go to read the Daily Telegraph and can't escape TI pushing their ARM-based microcontroller solutions...:p

I couldn't if I wanted to, our company's little no-no message is stuffed into the space. I can't even get the offending URL. It's crazy though someone told me that people have taken to putting medical exams and IUD tutorials up on Youtube. I prefer the free energy demos :)

I was asked by a neighbor, a well known retired Harvard Med School doctor to sit on a Jury du Cinema for medical training films, what a strange evening.

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Scott!

We have (always) had adult content set to "Off". Actually Adsense is set to block:

* Sexual & Reproductive Health
* Weight Loss
* Gambling
* Video Games (Casual & Online)

In addition to us manually setting up blocks for advertisers who make their profit from abusing other people's trademarks and IP.

If anyone ever sees an ad for something inappropriate please send the helpdesk an email with a screenshot or the url from the ad...

Jason

Hi Scott!

We have (always) had adult content set to "Off". Actually Adsense is set to block:

* Sexual & Reproductive Health
* Weight Loss
* Gambling
* Video Games (Casual & Online)

In addition to us manually setting up blocks for advertisers who make their profit from abusing other people's trademarks and IP.

If anyone ever sees an ad for something inappropriate please send the helpdesk an email with a screenshot or the url from the ad...

Jason

Sure, if I wasn't clear... wait it just happened as I was typing. I'll send you the screen shot. I don't really care but every attempt to download content forbideden is logged. We include cigarettes and all alcohol so that might be a problem. The wine chat boards have all the adds blocked.

Attachments

• aaaaccc.JPG
    aaaaccc.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.