annoying auto log-out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also keep getting logged out, after about 10 - 15 minutes if not active :mad: This has ALWAYS happened from the day i joined.

FF here also.

There is an option somewhere in the forum software, for Admin to select the length of time people stay logged in. Maybe this needs changing ?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I also keep getting logged out, after about 10 - 15 minutes if not active :mad: This has ALWAYS happened from the day i joined.

FF here also.

There is an option somewhere in the forum software, for Admin to select the length of time people stay logged in. Maybe this needs changing ?

It's set (internally) for 15 minutes, and is linked to the list of logged in users on the front page so it can't be changed easily without causing problems. However, you should not ever be logged out if you keep that box checked. It might be some other plugins you have installed in your browser that are deleting cookies. Can you please try Google Chrome and see if you have the same problems?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I notice (always have) that the green spot next to my user name goes out if I happen to wander off for any length of time (maybe the 15 minutes). Everything still works though, even if in the middle of a reply and I happen to post while presumably it's like that. I refresh the page or move away and it comes back on.

That's IE9 btw

I changed over to Google Chrome last week on the advice of Members.
I still get logged out, even while compiling a new reply.
I still get "no search results" when two clicks previously I saw the results of the search.
I always have the "keep me logged in" ticked, at log on.

That is consistent Browser performance from IE8 IE9 FireFox and Chrome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.