I find the pages on Diyaudio very slow loading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm also seeing slow load times over the last weeks, even to the extreme where pages simply won't load and after 30+ seconds I have to try reloading. Sometimes it will then load, sometimes not. I'm located in Prague. So far we have 3 in the EU with problems, 1 in the States who doesn't.

Does it make sense to add a poll with options yes its slow in region X or no its not slow in region X? These results may help the diyaudio ISP to figure out what wrong.

Quote: "It's down to your Broadband provider I would have thought."

Quote: "Might be worth trying a different browser...."

And why do more Europeans have the same problem (and didn't have it before last week)? Yeah I guess we all changed to the same provider and browser on the same day huh:rolleyes:

I have had simillar issues and as far as I can tell it was a problem the internet service provider.
I have switched between the two that are available in my area a few times within the last year and always had the same issue's.
I have spent countless hours on the phone with service techs and service calls and they couldn't seem to fix it or give me an answer as to what the problem was.

At one point it wouldn't even allow me to get updates from microsoft as it kept failing because of corupted data.
And had to reload my operating system every 30 days.

When I switched back it worked instantly.

So I switched back for final time and will NEVER go back to the other provider even if they are the biggest telephone company in exsistence. jer

Gerald, there is also the possibility that the server of this forum 'recognises' your IP address number and as soon you switched provider you got a new IP address so then it was okay again.

I've been told that happened at another forum. As soon they 'fixed' that bug everybody that had problems was okay again. From what I understood it had to do something with uploading messages/pictures and changing pages to quick (and not wait until your page is restored by the server). That could end in an error or 'recognised' as an faulty use in the server of the forum that's linked to the IP address of the user. So if you change IP no problems occur any longer...

I'm absolutely not an expert in this field but when somebody told me this and I hear your story Gerald, it sounds familiar what's happening here. I don't know, but hopefully somebody is fixing this...

Thank you for the info.

My days of programing in basic and machine language is quite far from todays language's.

But with the proper tools I could fix anything at the component level as I am no programmer.

But I do understand the basic operations a little bit.

I just wish that a company that big in the technology would have giv'in a little more effort to try to solve or explain what the problem was.

Especialy when I had both modems running side by side and one worked somtimes and the other perfectly.

The most apaulling thing was that when the tech came out with his little laptop and had the nerve to tell me that there wasn't any thing wrong with the signal without even a hardwire from the modem itself.

So I then asked the guy do you know any thing about computers (in which one would think that they would know in order to diagnose the problem) his answer was a firm "no" and refused to hook up a hard line to check different sinerials.

I had a similar problem back in the days of dail-up.
I kept complaining about the sound level was to low and some times distorted.

I could get online and stuff but when ever I tried to download some large files, I would get either all of or 90% of the file except the last crc code and of course the download would fail.

It took 10 months for them to give me an answer that there was infact a bad amplifier on my line and after that everything worked perfectly.

But that didn't help the fact that I wasting $40 on a new version of software that couldn't be replaced because it was past the warranty grace period as I just happened to get a bad cd (which happens time to time).

I did eventualy get the file but lost in a hardrive crash before I could afford a burner.
I still have that cd to this day,But it doesn't work.

Go figure, anyway good luck and keep on DIYing. jer

Last edited:
The following post of Jason explain something about this. It's a temporary solution but it seems to work more or less...for now...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope it helps.

My domain name registration account ran out of cash and I wasn't keeping an eye on the particular email account that it's linked to while I have been on the road! The domain expired, but has now been renewed, and all we have to do is wait for the DNS to propagate.

As explained above, and in detail by me in the DNS issues thread, if you feel like putting

209.59.179.2 files.diyaudio.com
209.59.179.2 files.diyaudio.com
209.59.179.2 s3.dastatic.com
209.59.179.2 s4.dastatic.com
209.59.179.2 s5.dastatic.com

into your windows /etc/drivers/hosts file, that will solve the problem for now.

This is, incidentally the reason why I've got the diyaudio.com registration paid up for 10 years :) I'll add a few more years to dastatic.com :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.