Google Chrome Mac Picture links shrink instead of expanding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a problem with HighSlide JS and Safari 5/Chrome running with adblock enabled. HighSlide JS is the bit of javascript that does the expanding thumbnails. The changelog is at Highslide JS - JavaScript thumbnail viewer

I tracked down the issue and reported yesterday. Look one thread below atm.

Hopefully one of the admins will get the newest version of Highslide JS up soonish.

For now a decent workaround is to right click on the thumbnail. Then just pick the open in new window or open in new tab from the context menu.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I think the version of Highslide we're using is archaic and probably the JQuery or whatever other library it requires is too. Updating either could produce unpredictable results, so I'll leave them till we have the manpower to properly deal with the potential aftermath. As they say, "if it aint broke don't fix it".

I could suggest disabling adblock, it's not required on this site as you can turn off the ads anyway if you've made a donation :)

For now a decent workaround is to right click on the thumbnail. Then just pick the open in new window or open in new tab from the context menu.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I just thought after a couple of months of doing this, that I might as well report it, just in case it had been overlooked and was easy to resolve.

No worries though. I'll experiment with adblock.

Many thanks
Lucas

The unfortunate thing is disabling Safari 5 extensions isn't as easy as disabling in firefox. It's a multi click dive through the Prefs menu.

The other load options are a decent work around. Though the version of Highslide you have running is 4.0.4, that is really old. It's only a matter of time before more issues crop up with HTML5 browsers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.