New post icon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got a new computer. Since then, the "go to last unread post" icon does not appear at the beginning of the thread name. The thread name does appear in bold. This appears to be unique to diyAudio, as I get the correct results at the PE forum. Even stranger, the problem is only in Firefox. It works correctly in IE8. I think that I have cookies enabled and all of that. Any ideas?

Bob

Hi Bob

Go into your "User CP", select "Edit Options", scroll down to "Thread Display Options".
There you activate the requested features in "Visible Post Element".
First you have to login... ;)
Hope this help

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I have viewed the forum pages in FFox, IE and Chrome and they all work.

Also, the fact that you are fine in IE but not in ffox means that you have a config issue with ffox.

Do you have a proxy setup in ffox? Have you ever installed Script Monkey?

Also, try uninstalling ffox (remove all rpeferences) and re-install it. There are some trojans out there that install a proxy inside of ffox that affect your browsing experience; it could be a similar issue here.

And just to confirm, you are not seeing the highlighted icons in the attached image?

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 41
I have viewed the forum pages in FFox, IE and Chrome and they all work.

Also, the fact that you are fine in IE but not in ffox means that you have a config issue with ffox.

Do you have a proxy setup in ffox? Have you ever installed Script Monkey?
No and No.

Also, try uninstalling ffox (remove all rpeferences) and re-install it. There are some trojans out there that install a proxy inside of ffox that affect your browsing experience; it could be a similar issue here.
Ok. I can do that.

And just to confirm, you are not seeing the highlighted icons in the attached image?
I get a frame with the title "Attached Thumbnails", but the box is empty. I'll reinstall FF and get back.

Bob

Still no joy. I reinstalled FF with no change. The thing that is so strange about this is that the diyAudio forum works for me in IE8, and the Parts Express forum (they run the same software) works for me in FF! I have no doubt that the problem lays in my FF implementation, but I'm at a loss to find it.

Bob

Still no joy. I reinstalled FF with no change. The thing that is so strange about this is that the diyAudio forum works for me in IE8, and the Parts Express forum (they run the same software) works for me in FF! I have no doubt that the problem lays in my FF implementation, but I'm at a loss to find it.

Bob

Try to install Flashplayer. One install per WEB browser...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.