Forum Gallery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know it's been mentioned, but I had an idea to get something up and running quickly.

On profiles, we all have albums.

Why not make a page with a list of links to various people's albums?

Quick recommendation for the albums - have the newly added pictures added to the end of the album, not put to the start. I think this would help people get their albums in an order they want, easily. I have very little experience with coding, so if it'll take too long to do, then that's fair enough.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Chris. The vBulletin profile albums area is very (famously) limited. Even in the upcoming VB4 the gallery is nascent, if you look at the requests for VB4.1 9/10 people are asking for a gallery (to beat Photopost). The new software we're using (Photopost) is intended to make the profile albums obsolete, I'm in discussions with the software company about why it's still not distinct.

The new member gallery has a list of all members albums. It also allows you to set the ordering of your albums and the pictures within them.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Tony,

Unfortunately not, it will always show the last image uploaded. I've put in a request to the software maker but I don't think we'll see it very soon!

I can however manually set the album cover for you for one of your albums to one of the images in the album (your "main" image will always show the last image uploaded however). If anyone would like me to manually set an album cover for them, PM me the url of the image and I'll do it for you.

Next up is trying to write something to import the photos from the various forum photo albums (tubes, solid state, etc) into the gallery. For that I need to create some categories, if there's any requests or suggestions before I make the first batch please post them here, otherwise they'll get based on the existing photo galleries spread through the forum (and I'm sure that will work out decently).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.