Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I’m having the same experience after the upgrade.

I can quote a post write an answer (so I’m obviously logged in) but when I try to post it I’m getting a message that I’m not logged in and have to log in to post.

Also if I’m logging in on a thread and going to the front page I’m not logged in anymore.

All this came after the upgrade.

BTW I’m using IE8

Cheers

BTW: it worked fine this time.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
How long and return location

How long is the log in time?

If timed out and wrong ID/password is entered (bad keystroke) I lose the current thread. After entering correct ID/pswd, it takes me to Main Forum. It would be convenient in such a case to return me to previous location.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Return location

Just tried different procedure. Problem not as bad.

When re-logging in, if wrong ID/pswd is entered and error page is displayed , just use backspace to previous page and re-enter ID/pswd. Do not enter ID/pswd in the error page as it does not take u back to your current thread.

If it stayed in your current thread/page without backspacing, if would be more convenient (if too much trouble... no big deal).

Thanks much.

Last edited:
How long is the "logged in" period? I'm chronically getting logged out about every 10-15 minutes or so. Many times, I am unable to get to the next page of the thread without logging back in, since the page count is dramatically different between being logged in and not being logged in.

I'm mostly using Firefox, and occasionally using Explorer.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
15 minutes, unless you check the "Stay logged in" box in which case I think it's infinite.

We tried pushing this up the other day, but it also adjusted some other variables in the site (note our 2000 member high water mark :) so increasing this is on the list of things to do.

Shortly! Till then, check that box.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
"Remember Me"

Which will probably change by the time you read this post as many people seem confused by it.

Attachments

• rememberme.png
    rememberme.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.