Can't put people with their own forum on ignore list - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2009, 11:59 PM   #11
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I am more bothered by the people with commercial interest that do not have a "I donate" star next to their name.
Next, I am bothered by people with commercial interest that are trying to look like innocent DIYers.

Old 1st November 2009, 01:35 AM   #12
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Half serious, just one of my various "hairs". I was kicked off a forum years ago for giving away software that was the equivalent of one that one of the mods was selling. There are some who are pretty blatant about mining forums for customers, they could at least give back some support.
It would be nice. Our hardware and software costs alone are going to be upwards of $10k this year. Scott, I do very much appreciate your contribution towards our costs this year. I hope we can improve the page load speeds considerably in the next few months, and get onto new hardware, well before we hit vBulletin's MySQL "big board" performance issues which start in earnest once a forum gets to about 2,500,000 posts. But that's a discussion for another thread.

FYI the "donation star" is purely for donations, it doesn't appear for those who have purchased advertising or those who have contributed financially in other ways, such as sponsoring a commercial sector forum. There is currently no way to see that. In the very near future we'll have other icons to represent the other ways people contribute to diyAudio (financial and otherwise).

Thank you for your assistance in keeping this thread on topic.

Old 1st November 2009, 01:17 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Jason, I figured that in retrospect. I also understand the difficulties on this matter, but I have lots of unfond memories. It would be easier if the DIY community modeled itself off of the FSF.

Old 17th January 2010, 05:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_c View Post
I received the following message when trying to put a user on my ignore list:

"Sorry XXXX is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

This person AFAIK is not a global moderator, but rather has his own commercial forum which he apparently moderates. I can see the reason why global moderators should not be ignored, but not someone who is on a moderator list because of having his own forum. Is this a temporary glitch, or the actual intent of how the forum should work?
This is still a problem.
I guess that Andy_C and myself is trying to put the same person on the ignore list.
I’m getting the same message.

And may I also ask why Andy_C is banned?

Cheers
stinius

Last edited by stinius; 17th January 2010 at 05:15 PM.

Old 17th January 2010, 05:28 PM   #15
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinius View Post
No you don't. How dare you challenge the moderation policies?

Old 17th January 2010, 05:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
No you don't. How dare you challenge the moderation policies?
I do.

Old 17th January 2010, 05:36 PM   #17
spind is offline spind  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:

OH no! Andy_C is one of the most valuable members of this whole forum. How can we ban someone with such real knowledge and let so many of the idiotic threads continue unabated? Moderators please reconsider this!!!!!

Steve.

Old 17th January 2010, 07:10 PM   #18

Quote:
This is still a problem.
I guess that Andy_C and myself is trying to put the same person on the ignore list.
I’m getting the same message.

Cheers
stinius
No response from the moderators?

Old 17th January 2010, 07:30 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
It does look like Andy_C IS still with us....perhaps Andy is limited in some fashion..looks like he is "allowed" to write in here........maybe only in a 'response mode' & cannot initiate threads.
His public profile still contains info, perhaps derogatory as a (Paraphrasing here) 'Audio snake oil huckster'.
So all is not lost....Andy can read us all...perhaps he can be rehabilitated?

Moderator: Signal to noise interpreter. .............sweet.

To those that preach incorrect theories of electronics....well a few rounds with exploding capacitors will have those being taught, going elsewhere for advice.

__________________________________________________ ____Rick...

Old 17th January 2010, 07:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spind View Post
OH no! Andy_C is one of the most valuable members of this whole forum. How can we ban someone with such real knowledge and let so many of the idiotic threads continue unabated? Moderators please reconsider this!!!!!

Steve.
Echoed.
I learned a LOT from him, and not the kind of bunk that the other "experts" like to teach around here.
Seems the moderators focus here is NOT to keep members that actually know what they are talking about, but just maintain the peace - if you have an opinion, you better hold onto it. Everyone is expendable.
I think it's a shame.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!