Bugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For my taste the "Report" button is a bit too much eye-catching and irritating, the logo could be a bit more decent.

report.gif
report.gif
report.gif

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
One of the best features of the forum (IMO) was "Have you Searched?"

It's been eliminated - I guess people were checking the box without actually conducting the search? Or it was too much trouble so people were posting less? There are some old threads here that pretty much contain the answers to most everything :)

What is the consensus on this - remove or retain?

Remove. I have seen an awesome AJAX alternative on other website where as you type the thread title it automatically searches and suggests threads for you, I'd like to implement that.

I use a lot mobile devices to access this forum. Not really a bug, but the browser rendering on small screens (Blackberry, etc...) is muchy worse than in the previous version. Perhaps there's a mobile devices version available?

There will be a mobile version of the website in the future.

For my taste the "Report" button is a bit too much eye-catching and irritating, the logo could be a bit more decent.

Expect some cool new buttons in the next few weeks.

I am unable to type ALT-codes anywhere on the page. Firefox 3.0.13, Windows XP SP2, etc. With numlock on, typing ALT+1 or etc. always links to some page (e.g., the index). ALT-codes can only be entered with numlock off.

In Internet Explorer 6, I can successfully type an ALT-code in the text box with numlock on (focus elsewhere on the page jumps the cursor to a link, e.g., ALT+1 goes to Home on the bar at the top of any page, which I suppose is intended behavior).

Tim

the Search menu calls up the dialogue box.
Typing my nickname or AKSA or ..., in the top entry box, leave the default threads option and click Go, returns about 30% of my posted threads.
I tried tag search, that reports nothing.
Advanced search reports very similar to ordinary search.
I once got almost almost complete results report, but I can't reproduce that.

I liked that method in the old search. It was the quickest way to find the threads I was interested in, that were current or very recent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.