Bugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The forum is looking really nice! Congrats and thanks to all who made it possible.

One bug I have noticed is that ignore lists seem to have been cleared out.

Another thing is that even if "stealth mode" browsing is chosen, one's ID still appears in the list of users browsing the forum (but with a * character next to it, not sure what this means).

Edit: Also, it appears the "web" and "email" buttons have gone missing?

oh no!

the threads don't align with results from google searches:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-93199.html

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showthread/t-93199.html was not found on this server.

:(

This could be corrected using mod_rewrite thing to redirect /showthread/t-93199.html requests to http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93199 if the IDs of threads do match. Otherwise you could build some table of matching old and new IDs and use it to redirect lost users to actual threads.
Same thing could be done using 404 page that will sense where did user came from (tried to access to and got 404 error) and then redirect him to the new location.

Besides the google (that will rebuild it's database) and this forum (you may replace the diyaudio.com/showhread/t-0000.html urls in all messages with new urls). Yet you have a lot of friendly sites/forums pointing to diyaudio's old urls that need to be taken care of...

It's been a while since i coded php so i could be wrong on some points.

Beautiful job done, it's really hard to upgrade such old engine.
Thanks!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Searching

1) Is there a query language the search functionality understands? If I enter more then one search term, the top results do not seem to be weighted the way I expect. this might just be a documentation thing.

2) Sometimes relevant search terms are thrown out. For example, i just searched for "5u4 rectifier"

Search: Keyword(s): rectifier
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: 5u4

Is it a bug that the speaker icons don't flank the diyaudio logo anymore?

spkl.png
:(
spkr.png

I miss 'em :crying:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.