Bugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We kept the existing post background colors to make transition easier and because they are really a classic diyAudio color set. We did lighten them a little as they were very dark before and we had complaints about lack of contrast. Unfortunately every monitor is different - brightness, contrast and color gamut - and what looks good on one looks bad on another. Additionally, as 99.9% (100%?) of us are male, fully 1/12 are colorblind in some form, so we have to try to cater for a lot :)

I can't currently see any reason why not to offer a higher contrast and lower contrast version of the website skin in the future, you might see that appear in the next week or two. The skin was finalized at the 11th hour so expect to see plenty of changes and improvements in it as time goes on as well.

Colour is not bothering me...but i also feel that a little bit more darker

could be more confortable..say..it is not bothering me "too much", not the colour, but the ligth... those excesses of ligth in our eyes are not confortable..it is too brigth i think, as i use to reduce the monitor brigth when acessing this new forum images...this seems my sensors are over exposed...there are a little bit too much white..i would like more gray and blue.

My monitor has also automatic adjustment feature, that works fine with any site or image..but i use to disable while watching our forum...this seems to me that is a clue that something is a little out from the standard.

Also i could not switch avatars "on"... no avatar is beeing shown.

Someone knows how to put them to work, to appear?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Yes, we all have our display preferences, so FWIW, here's mine WRT contrast, though not necessarily the color choices:

GM

Attachments

• Display preference.gif
    Display preference.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.