Email notification doesn't seem to be working...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I recently posted a question under "Everything else" about how to build a shotgun microphone. I have the "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" turned on in my personal settings page, but am not getting notified when responses have been posted to my thread. I checked my email address in my profile, and it appears to be correct, so maybe I'm overlooking something else?

I've been a member since 2005, but have been away for a long time, and can't remember if I've ever posted a question to this forum before, so can't be sure if this is a new problem for me or not.

I just noticed at the bottom of this very page(that appears as I'm writing this) that the Email Notification box was already automatically checked, which is good, but noticed that it also says that "only registered users are eligible". As far as I know, I am a registered user, but having been away for a while, maybe my status got changed back to unregistered? I noticed that my posted question had to undergo monitoring before it was allowed to be posted, and kind of surprised me, which may be indicative of an new user status. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Email Notification box was checked when I posted the shotgun microphone question like it is now as I'm posting this question.

Also, and forgive this dumb question, are there instructions on how to add a jpeg picture over on the left side of the page like so many other people have? Is it a part of the signature?

Thank you much for your help! (I'll try to remember to keep checking back to this thread for an answer, unless you don't mind emailing me at the address below?)

Scott Morrison
morrisoninventions@gmail.com

Nevermind...

Nevermind the questions in my previous post (I'd delete it if I could). Everything worked itself out. I guess being away from the forum for such a long time (years?), my status reverted back to that of a new user. So after a few posts, my status seemed to change, no longer requiring moderator approval for each new post. The email notification also kicked in and is now working fine. And after some poking about in my profile options, I learned what avatars are (graphical icons under one's user name in the sidebar) and how to create them. Life is good.

Thanks anyway,
Scott Morrison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.