Deleting Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an old account under the name HyperSonicSound. I no long have access to the email where the password is sent, and all i want to do it delete all the posts i made under that name. How can this be accomplished. I don't necessarily need the password, just all the posts gone. Thanks.

If people had the ability to delete their posts they might be less careful about what they say. Moderators can delete a post. I think that is sufficient. Even deleted posts may live on in an internet archive. I am never very happy about the idea of rewriting history. Things said which should not be said cannot be unsaid, but they can be apologised for and explained. Unlike games, real life cannot be rebooted.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Threads are like a timeline and generally it is wrong for posts to be deleted at will. You look at something one day and then feel sure 'something is missing'. So yes confusing.

With regard to the OP of this thread and his HyperSonicSound account, the only posts made were in the thread he started 13 years ago. I deleted that thread in 2014 because the OP used his first post edit privilege and deleted the content of the first post rendering the rest meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.