how to upload pictures - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2008, 07:45 PM   #1
cmorris is offline cmorris  United States
diyAudio Member

Default how to upload pictures

I am New to the forum and wanted post a new post with pictures of my amp and do not know how to upload my pictures to the new post.

thanks
Cmorris
Old 27th January 2008, 07:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hit the Browse button, find the image in your pc, click on it (max. size 100k, valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip jpeg pdf) and you are in bussines.
Old 29th January 2008, 08:01 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

...or, if your photos are hosted somewhere (flikr, imageshack, photobucket, etc) you can use the IMG function and insert the photos directly into the thread.

This is better IMO as they are often larger, and appear with the text, which looks better and saves the viewer from having to open a new page.

Make sure the file sizes are adjusted to forum post (640x480 is recommended).
Old 30th January 2008, 07:42 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default problem with posting photos

im also having the same problem. Ive tried linking the picture - jpg only 86kb - to the message, but it doesnt show up as an attachment when I post the message. I dont have a web based photobook - im just attaching the files from my computer. Also, Ive seen other peoples messages with 2 photos - how is it done?
Old 30th January 2008, 08:08 AM   #5
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
Quote:
Originally posted by dublin78
...or, if your photos are hosted somewhere (flikr, imageshack, photobucket, etc) you can use the IMG function and insert the photos directly into the thread.

This is better IMO as they are often larger, and appear with the text, which looks better and saves the viewer from having to open a new page.

Make sure the file sizes are adjusted to forum post (640x480 is recommended).

But, the downside is that they disappear after a certain time, say 4 weeks, if they are not accessed so a thumbnail is better,IMHO.
Old 30th January 2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Glowbug is offline Glowbug  United States
diyAudio Member

Photobucket is permanent, IIRC...as well as Flickr, although their free service is pretty limited in storage space.

I've never had a problem with Imageshack deleting files, but they might, I don't know.
Old 6th February 2008, 07:36 AM   #7
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Have a look at Everything Else/other stuff/offtopic and look at the thread "How to insert a a photo in your post" Exactly the same problems I was having.
Regards Karl
Old 7th February 2008, 04:35 PM   #8
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

I have an imagecave account, I find this easiest for posting pics. I just upload them to imagecave, then they give me a link to copy with the IMG tags on it already. Just copy and paste that into your post here where you want the pic(s) to show up. Do a preview and check it, you are in business.

Hide this!Advertise here!