how to upload pictures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...or, if your photos are hosted somewhere (flikr, imageshack, photobucket, etc) you can use the IMG function and insert the photos directly into the thread.

This is better IMO as they are often larger, and appear with the text, which looks better and saves the viewer from having to open a new page.

Make sure the file sizes are adjusted to forum post (640x480 is recommended).

problem with posting photos

im also having the same problem. Ive tried linking the picture - jpg only 86kb - to the message, but it doesnt show up as an attachment when I post the message. I dont have a web based photobook - im just attaching the files from my computer. Also, Ive seen other peoples messages with 2 photos - how is it done?

dublin78 said:
...or, if your photos are hosted somewhere (flikr, imageshack, photobucket, etc) you can use the IMG function and insert the photos directly into the thread.

This is better IMO as they are often larger, and appear with the text, which looks better and saves the viewer from having to open a new page.

Make sure the file sizes are adjusted to forum post (640x480 is recommended).

But, the downside is that they disappear after a certain time, say 4 weeks, if they are not accessed so a thumbnail is better,IMHO.

I have an imagecave account, I find this easiest for posting pics. I just upload them to imagecave, then they give me a link to copy with the IMG tags on it already. Just copy and paste that into your post here where you want the pic(s) to show up. Do a preview and check it, you are in business.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.