Cannot Delete Our Own Posts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
After I write a post, if I decide that I want to change it radically, I cannot delete it. Even if I try to do it a minute after I post the message.

I check the box on the left and Press the "Delete" button on the right. I get a message that says that I do not have the authority to delete the post.

I can change and edit the post all I want, but I cannot delete it.

This is troublesome if you post something and forget to include a graphic. When you click "Edit", you cannot decide to include a graphic if none was included when you first submitted the post. If you did include a graphic when you first submitted the post, you can press "Edit" and change it. But you cannot add one if the original submission did not include one.

The obvious answer is to press "Edit", run your cursor over the text so it is in blue, save it, and then delete the post.

After that, submit a new post with the graphic included and the same text as before.

Cannot do that now. I cannot delete my own posts.

Of course, I can post a new reply and include the graphic. But that is somewhat clumsy-breaking up one message into two, and besides, this forum frequently moves very fast. By the time you post the new message with the graphic, one or two new messages might have been posted by other members.

Is this the forum's software, or am I missing something?

a small glitch?

The obvious answer is to press "Edit", run your cursor over the text so it is in blue, save it, and then delete the post.

Cannot do that now. I cannot delete my own posts.

I tried and failed at that too. You can erase the message and resave it as a message if you include just one character - A period or something.

I've been forced to do that a couple times.

That leaves an empty post up.

Cheers
Craig Ryder

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Sch3mat1c said:
Moderators: you could delete posts which say "Please delete this post." in them..

This is probably the best method for the time being, as we usually do if we see this...

I can't talk on the backroom techie stuff, but Audiofreak and Jason have been coding away like mad coding things over the past few weeks ;). I'm sure these things will get fixed, as well as loads of extra stuff added, but please be patient for the time being! If you do have problems with one of your posts, if we have time the mods will sort it out for you. We want to be helpful, we are not just policemen. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.