forum headaches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope someone can help me diagnose the nightmares I'm having posting here.

I log in uneventfully. (obviously, then, I am registered)

I see a post I want to respond to. I click reply, I get the reply composition screen and when I try to post, I get a screen telling me I'm not registered. Since I am I don't redo it.

Sometimes going back a screen & retrying let's me post, other times it tells me I haven't selected a thread, and my entry is GONE. No amount of backing up gets me to the composition screen.

Happens at home and work (where I can't change security/cookies).

I've tried asking moderators three time what my problem might be but no response.

It's really difficult to use for me as it is, but I can't figure out what I need to change.

Thanks

Murray

Definitely a cookie problem. It could be a browser setting, OR, a third party app that might be used to "improve" your security.
Do you have any utilities running in the background cleaning your cache, cookies, and bookmarks?

As long as we're airing problems, how 'bout I 8itch about an annoyance that's starting to frustrate me.
What I really HATE about this site is the "permanent threads" at the top of each category.
I can see the value of having the threads, but I think they should be moved to a single subfolder at the top of each section so they don't take up half the page. It's not like we visit them everyday... and newcomers wouldn't have a problem finding a nice bold folder at the top. Especially if it's name Pieces of Candy, or Free Beer!!!!

It wasn't so bad when there were one or two, but now there's like 20, plus the new "favorite threads" thread.
This just clutters things up and I'm tired of having to scroll halfway down each page every time I visit.

The world out there is frustrating enough. I come here to relax and enjoy the atmosphere, but it's not so relaxing anymore. Time for a time out in the sin bin? That would really cool me off.
I wouldn't wanna have to threaten to kill anyone's dogs or anything.

Have a nice day :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.