• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By the way, good amps, u have there but RWA 30.2 for eminence, dont you think its a little wasteful?
Next I'll measure the system curves and try going without any xover for feastrex as you suggested.
I'm driving my WLM divas with the rwa and thus have the amp available for this project. If I'll stick with eminence the amp will be downgraded but if I'll decide do go with some better bass drivers it may be wise to stick with this.

CW Upgrade

Just to feedback on the CW Upgrade...Received my D9e Type I with CW upgrade about a week ago and I've been listening to it quite a bit..

It's a superb upgrade... basic sonic character of the orginal driver remains but I think Mr Teramoto has done a lot in optimising the tone, resonance and performance of the drivers..

My D9e now sounds wonderfully natural, singers really do sound like they are standing in front of you.. and music has more authority and life..

For those considering this CW upgrade... do go for it, as it is really a wonderful grade... Chris would have been very happy and pleased with this upgrade.

Happy New Year!

This is new tech Isolation transformer.
This Isolation transformer FIT-90 is new product of feastrex. Finemet core transformer is used for this product.
Finemet is a powerful magnetic material and its behavior is stronger than permendur.
The most important advantage of FIT-90 is fixing up phases.
After using FIT-90, I could felt that how usual power supply effects unnatural phases.
Just putting FIT-90, your audio system will be more brilliant. :p
Mr.Teramoto joins CES 2010 and THE SHOW 2010 with FIT-90 and some feastrex speaker units.
If you have chance to go to those exhibition in Las Vegas, Please visit Room 30-319 at the Venetian(The lotus Group) and Room 4032 at Flamingo Hotel(Sibatech).
There are elegant systems GRANADA and Xseed waiting for you too.:D

Attachments

• Granada1.jpg
    Granada1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 580
  • MLCXSEED.jpg
    MLCXSEED.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 580
  • FIT90ad.jpg
    FIT90ad.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 571
Jon Valin reviewer from The Absolute Sound magazine from his avguide.com blog about Grenada:

More Contenders for Best of Show, Part Two: Usual and Unusual Suspects | AVguide

Congrats on another successful show Joe! I sure I wish I could have seen you there, and Mr. Teramoto and gang. Will I see you in FL in March at Stereophile's AXPONA show?

Can't wait to finally hear Grenada for myself. :D
Rich

Baffles makes progress.. or not

For those of you who have heard feastrex with a bit narrower baffles: have you experienced any beaming of frequencies near electric guitar? If haven't, what are the dimensions of your baffles?
The beaming is intolerable with my 120cm tall baffles, 55cm wide bottom and narrowing to 40cm when going upwards. The drivers are at x22cm y80cm.

All easy music can be listened quite long time but nothing even close to rock can't be listened at all - singers immediately get serious flu and and rock guitars cover everything else with their beaming. Music also sounds really thin in every way, not "full" or "big" at all. (as I've read many people have said).
For the next baffle I'll want to go with something preplanned, either a baffle a bit wider or some ready planned closed enclosure and subwoofers when willing not to hush.

Anyone tried Dick Olsher's OB using the Feastrex D5NF? The D5 with monster alnico in a bass reflex cabinet sounds really good. I'm interested to know how does it sound in open baffle and whether it integrates well with the 15" woofer.

I have compared the D5nf, NF5Ex and D5 in the same BLH ... and the Monster Alnico D5 works best in a BLH. I've not tried OB but I think the D5nf and Field Coils woul be a better bet in OB..

Thanks for the info. What type of BLH was used? Was the bass slow as compared with the bass reflex cabinet?

Was a custom BLH... Wrt BLH... IMHO the longer the BLH's path length.. the slower the bass... so depends on cabinet design... After trying out quite a few cabinets I feel that the D5nf and Field Coils Feastrex drivers work better in BR type cabinets.. Have fun with your OB project.. :)

Last edited:
You can't actually have 'slow' bass per se. If it were 'fast' it would be treble. ;) OTOH, I know what you're driving at. The longer a BLHs path length, the greater the group-delay involved as those frequencies passing through the horn have to travel further than direct output from the driver. How audible it will be depends on the length & upper corner frequency of the horn, as we become less sensitive to delay times as frequency decreases & our hearing acuity drops away. Some are a little more sensitive to time-domain issues than others & need a lower acoustic XO for the delay to become ~inaudible. YMMV as ever of course.

Last edited:
You can't actually have 'slow' bass per se. If it were 'fast' it would be treble. ;) OTOH, I know what you're driving at. The longer a BLHs path length, the greater the group-delay involved as those frequencies passing through the horn have to travel further than direct output from the driver. How audible it will be depends on the length & upper corner frequency of the horn, as we become less sensitive to delay times as frequency decreases & our hearing acuity drops away. Some are a little more sensitive to time-domain issues than others & need a lower acoustic XO for the delay to become ~inaudible. YMMV as ever of course.

Perhaps "fast or slow" bass is too vague a description.. Some of my friends like to use "ability to start and stop".. don't know if that's agreeable for you...;)

For me, I like to use Frankie Goes to Hollywood Relax 12" single for Vinyl. For CDs, Sheffield Drum record and this Chinese Perciussion Drum record

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

to test the bass of the drivers and spks..

onken cabinet

Here is a picture of the first enclosure that I built for my D5e type II drivers. I designed the internal volume of the cabinets to be 70 liters. As the volume is increased the bass deepens and the speakers really come alive. Feastrex rules!

Attachments

• onken-feastrex.jpg
    onken-feastrex.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 543
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.