Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex - Page 89 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Feastrex

Feastrex Hand crafted speakers

Old 18th June 2008, 04:43 PM   #881
diyAudio Member

Though I have not tried the Mundorf Silver/Gold, I'm sure that it will work very well. The Acrolink wire is excellent. The point I was making was that if one only heard the drivers at Feastrex, that there is more that can be extracted. Of course the best option is for whatever speaker wire you are using to be attached directly to the driver, which is what we did with the bi-amplified open baffle.
Old 18th June 2008, 05:16 PM   #882
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

FWIW, if these drivers have the resolving power (or better) of a compression driven horn as ya'll seem to imply, then Vampire wire or other continuous cast silver speaker cable is probably where you want to be.

GM
Old 18th June 2008, 11:00 PM   #883
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: For all you folks who read Chinese/Japanese characters

Quote:
Originally posted by commstech
Its Japanese. so what does it says?

Quote:
Originally posted by talawalla
Does the headline read, "Local man abducted by aliens?"
From the Yamanashi Nichinichi Shimbun
http://www.sannichi.co.jp/local/news/2008/06/11/11.html
Title: "Originally developed audio products selling well"
Summary:
* Forecasting a three-fold year-to-year increase in sales volume this year
* Nine-tenths of sales come from overseas
* Overseas business partners in 16 separate regions around the world (still no representation in Central/South America or Africa)

-- Chris
Old 19th June 2008, 12:17 AM   #884
The one and only

That's interesting. I have been informed that the bulk of Lowthers
go to Japan.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:17 PM   #885
diyAudio Member

Not all that surprising, considering that Feastrex has done almost zero outreach in Japan -- mostly word of mouth . . .
Old 19th June 2008, 12:59 PM   #886
diyAudio Member

Default Pics from the India trip

I got some pics from the trip that Mr. Teramoto and Kazuya Akiyama (the son of Feastrex's president) took to Singapore, India, and Malaysia. I think these pics were taken by Kazuya, since he is not in the photos.

I'm pretty sure that the person second from left in the bottom photo is Sharath Chandran of Audire Technologies, Feastrex's representative for the Indian subcontinent. (I don't know who the other gentlemen are.)
http://www.audire.in/welcome.html

The enclosure for the bronze frame D9e-III is probably just a temporary, provisional enclosure. (The final enclosure is under construction but going to take some more time.) Even so, just looking at it inspires confidence. For a temporary, provisional enclosure they sure did a fine job.

In an email to me, Mr. Chandran used words like "shocking" "stunning" and "magical" to describe the D5e-II, and the D9e-III he described as "so unbelievably lifelike and realistic that it takes some time for the mind to adjustt," or words very close to that.

Mr. Teramoto (and Kazuya) made quite an impression on their hosts for their ability to pack it away. Maybe we need to send them to the next Famous Nathan's hotdog eating contest?

Temporary home
Click the image to open in full size.

Singing Feastrexes (ignore that imposter on the right)

Putting the "Feast" in Feastrex

Putting the "Feast" in "Mr. Feastrex"

-- Chris
Old 19th June 2008, 01:52 PM   #887
diyAudio Member

Default Apprenticeship...

Post #887
quote:
Originally posted by talawalla

"Which leads to something I meant to express in my last post, but didn't: This is actually one of the many many reasons why I admire Mr. Teramoto so much. In a sense, he is behaving like a Zen monk here. He is making do with the least, so that when the product shines in that light, it really shines. Further, in a sense he is allowing others who use the driver to take credit via their implementation, but, as we all know, even in less than optimal cabinets, these drivers are remarkable."

Joe-

Having apprenticed with him for a few days now, I can confirm his slight resemblance to a zen monk first hand.

From my notes:

Day one: After a few minutes in the office, he gets a phone call. An order. Then we start to listen to music and he shows me around the shop. One of his experimental pre-amplifiers breaks, he fixes it. We continue to listen to music and unpack boxes full of beautifully machined magnetic circuits.

First order of official Feastrex apprenticeship: 8:00 AM. Mr. Teramoto asks me a question: "do you drink coffee?"

He then proceeds to teach me how to make coffee with his automatic espresso machine.

"You press this button, and it makes the coffee for you. Do you like your coffee strong, or like American coffee?"

"Strong," I reply. We stand together in silent intense observation watching the coffee being made.

Second order of official Feastrex apprenticeship: Mr. Teramoto teaches me how to use the milk steamer.

We later sip cappuccino listening to Monster Alnico D5 in triple port cab. Pink Floyd Division Bell. Stunning.

9:00AM...building things the rest of the day...till 7:00PM.

Day Two: 8:00 AM. After a few minutes in the office, Mr. Teramoto decides that I should now learn how to properly clean the automatic espresso machine. I watch him systematically clean the espresso machine. Then we make coffee again in silence.

...building things the rest of the day...till 7:00PM. It hardly feels like a day went by.

Mr. Teramoto is indeed a highly practical engineer, and a very generous man. His hand making processes are incredibly refined and well thought out.

Only the second day on the job, and i cannot wait to see what little coffee trick Mr. Teramoto has in store for me tomorrow.

Later,

-Clark
Old 19th June 2008, 02:28 PM   #888
diyAudio Member

Grasshopper, you left out the part about stripping the threads.

-- Chris

P.S. Mr. Teramoto is very happy with what he has seen in two days: "learns fast" "does good work" etc. . . . I think you all are going to have a lot of fun together.
Old 19th June 2008, 02:44 PM   #889
diyAudio Member

Here is another pic I nabbed from the president's blog. Be sure to drop in next time you're in Coimbatore. The music's great, and so is the food!

-- Chris
Old 19th June 2008, 03:02 PM   #890
diyAudio Member

As long as I'm pinching pics from the president's blog, I may as well grab one of Clark adjusting to the difficulties of life as a Feastrex apprentice speaker builder:

(The cowboy hat is no doubt part of a futile attempt to retain a sense of identity, but the rigors of making and drinking espresso day in and day out will surely destroy what's left of his psyche . . .

-- Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!