Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex - Page 177 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Feastrex

Feastrex Hand crafted speakers

Old 15th October 2009, 10:09 PM   #1761
diyAudio Member

Dear Chris,

We only met on the phone, even as close as from my hotel Tokyo, but with no time to spare to meet. I always assumed there'd be a "next time".

You benefitted many beings. Without you Feastrex would have been without its voice in the west - the evangelist who never let up and who led me down this fortunate path. May you be surrounded by glorious sound and light. My sincerest condolences to your family. You will be sorely missed.

Joe
Old 15th October 2009, 10:16 PM   #1762
diyAudio Member

Default Chris Witmer

My deepest condolences to his family. During my time in Japan, Chris took me to several unforgettable concerts of early music, classical music, some of the music was so beautiful it brought me to tears. Of course, these weekends in Tokyo were interspersed with conversations, the content of which touched me deeply. He opened his home and his heart to me with a sincerity so strong. To those who met him that sincerity is "sticky."

During my time there and now since Ive been back in the states, to call Chris merely a "father" figure would be putting it mildly. He was also a close friend, the kind I could really learn from, argue with, forgive, and love all the more either openly or silently. It did not matter. He taught me so much about life, the way to live it, humbly. He raised seven beautiful daughters, all incredibly talented musicians, unique, and self driven. I am eternally grateful for the way he touched my life and others.

If you ever got to discuss with him far enough one on one, you quickly understood that Chris had simply no distractions from his tasks in life, nor did he want me or anyone else to have any distractions from our tasks in life. The tasks he chose were only those of the most importance, and most basic. He never stopped at halfway in these pursuits. To have a wonderful family of his own, to encourage a family environment in this audio world, to love God.

He brought so many people together, added so much valuable insight along the way. I feel compelled to honor his living wishes and good deeds by taking his advice, his love and friendship even further to heart in my own actions in my own time, however long it may be or however long it may take. To do justice to his missions in life in the way in which i am capable and to work on the ways in which I am not capable. From my first interaction with him, to the wonderful legacy he leaves, he is a man who has always compelled me to be a better man.

To his family, my very deepest condolences and positive energies sent in this time of mourning.

-Clark

Last edited by blumenco; 15th October 2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:19 PM   #1763
diyAudio Member

Default Also,

Chris,

Also, I am not sure if you ever got to setup your dream Feastrex system or not, but I'll make sure to get mine extra good sounding for you. Feel free to haunt my listening room, I'll leave extra space open on the couch for you next to Terry Cain

Clark

Last edited by blumenco; 15th October 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:19 PM   #1764
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Rip.

Old 15th October 2009, 10:22 PM   #1765
diyAudio Member

Default Chris

Hello mluckow:

Could you please inquire as to what we, as a community, could do to help the family? I would be glad to help in any way I can.

When Terry Cain was taken from us, a fund was set up to try and offset his medical bills. Perhaps something can be done like this for his family?

Let us know.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:27 PM   #1766
The one and only

Very unfortunate. My sincere condolences to all.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:32 PM   #1767
diyAudio Member

Oh no!

My condolences to his family.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:50 PM   #1768
diyAudio Member

I'm sad too

Sincere condolences to his family ...
Old 15th October 2009, 11:50 PM   #1769
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

My deepest condolences to his family. Chris is really a very wonderful man.. He really very helpful and he loved music and aal the audio stuff.. I feel a deep sense of loss...
Old 16th October 2009, 03:10 AM   #1770
fff0 is offline fff0  Singapore
diyAudio Member

He will be missed...

My deepest condolences to his family.

Hide this!Advertise here!