• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Chris,

We only met on the phone, even as close as from my hotel Tokyo, but with no time to spare to meet. I always assumed there'd be a "next time".

You benefitted many beings. Without you Feastrex would have been without its voice in the west - the evangelist who never let up and who led me down this fortunate path. May you be surrounded by glorious sound and light. My sincerest condolences to your family. You will be sorely missed.

Joe

Chris Witmer

My deepest condolences to his family. During my time in Japan, Chris took me to several unforgettable concerts of early music, classical music, some of the music was so beautiful it brought me to tears. Of course, these weekends in Tokyo were interspersed with conversations, the content of which touched me deeply. He opened his home and his heart to me with a sincerity so strong. To those who met him that sincerity is "sticky."

During my time there and now since Ive been back in the states, to call Chris merely a "father" figure would be putting it mildly. He was also a close friend, the kind I could really learn from, argue with, forgive, and love all the more either openly or silently. It did not matter. He taught me so much about life, the way to live it, humbly. He raised seven beautiful daughters, all incredibly talented musicians, unique, and self driven. I am eternally grateful for the way he touched my life and others.

If you ever got to discuss with him far enough one on one, you quickly understood that Chris had simply no distractions from his tasks in life, nor did he want me or anyone else to have any distractions from our tasks in life. The tasks he chose were only those of the most importance, and most basic. He never stopped at halfway in these pursuits. To have a wonderful family of his own, to encourage a family environment in this audio world, to love God.

He brought so many people together, added so much valuable insight along the way. I feel compelled to honor his living wishes and good deeds by taking his advice, his love and friendship even further to heart in my own actions in my own time, however long it may be or however long it may take. To do justice to his missions in life in the way in which i am capable and to work on the ways in which I am not capable. From my first interaction with him, to the wonderful legacy he leaves, he is a man who has always compelled me to be a better man.

To his family, my very deepest condolences and positive energies sent in this time of mourning.

-Clark

Last edited:
As Mike's announcement, A very sad accident has happend.
We can not explain this emotion of sorrow. Our friend Christpher Witmer was good understanding person of feasrex and full-range speakers. It is not known very much, but Chris gave the name of "feastrex".
Also he named "Nature Flux". We think that Christpher Witmer was just like one of member of feastrex.
We wish to express our gratitude to him. We will miss you Chris....
God bless Chris and his wife and seven beautiful daughters.

Yukihito Akiyama
feastrex

We lost a great person due to this accident.
he was big fan of feastrex. Chris always help us for taking contact with overseas people.
Chris made this thread in DiyAudio forum. He worked for feastrex very much with out any salary.
I regret not repaying the kindness to him.
He loved music and feastrex speakers. thank you so much Christpher Witmer.
My condolences to his family

Hal teramoto
feastrex

We are planning a little fond of memoly of Christpher witmer for his family.
Mr.mLuckow will take up this foud in the USA and Canada. If you want to join this plan.
please take a contact with mLuckow.

If you need more infomation about this plase ask to "beecon at feastrex.com"

A number of people have contacted me to ask how they could make a donation to help Chris’s family. I apologize for not getting back to everyone yet--it’s been difficult for me to accept the reality that he is gone so suddenly, and I’m still trying to recover from the shock. Chris and I had been in almost daily contact by email for the past few years, and I’ve never lost a friend this close before. We had been friends for 28 years.

I’ll look into setting up some kind of fund for Chris’s family for those of you who would like to help. I have no idea how to do this, so I was just going to contact a local bank or two to see if this is something they do, but if anyone here has had experience with this kind of thing, I’d appreciate any advice you might have for me. You can send me a PM here at DIY Audio, or an email to me at: mluckow –at- comcast –dot- net.

Thank you,

Mike Luckow

With regard to setting up a memorial account where people can make donations to help Chris's family, I contacted many banks today, both local and national, and ran into dead ends everywhere I checked.

However, Mr. Teramoto informed me that it would be possible for people to make contributions directly to Chris's wife, Hiroko Witmer. The procedure is to go to your local post office and purchase an international postal money order, and then mail it to Hiroko Witmer directly. She can then take it to her local post office in Japan to exchange it for cash.

These international postal money orders are sold at any major post office in the US, and apparently by major post offices in other countries as well. However, they are not very common, and many postal workers are not aware of their existence, so you may have to insist that they do actually exist and ask them to ask their supervisor about them. (This happened to me at my local post office in Boulder.) There is a small flat fee to buy them, and you can get them for any amount of money.

You can mail it to Hiroko Witmer. Please contact me for her address.

Thank you very much to everyone who can help her and Chris's seven daughters.

Mike

Greetings.

Someone pointed me to this forum for details about Chris's death, and I have followed the conversation here for a few days. I have just tonight learned that an American church that is in the same denomination as Chris's congregation in Japan has set up a fund to benefit his family. Those in the States who wish to help may find it easier to send a contribution to this address:

Grace Covenant Church
878 FM 226
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961

Mark contributions "Witmer Fund."

(I know I'm a complete stranger to you all, so I hope this link will be a sufficient source for the info: BLOG and MABLOG)

I never had the opportunity to meet Chris, but what a joy it was to know him even through the Internet. Over and over in the past few days I've seen folks remark on how surprising it is to feel such loss over a man we've never even seen. He just had that sort of impact on people, even from the other side of the world, and he will be dearly missed.

~Valerie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.