Feastrex Hand crafted speakers

Old 21st May 2010, 01:04 PM   #11
j45yip is offline j45yip  Singapore
diyAudio Member

sure, i'm always game. keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW View Post
Hi Gaga and Jo,

Let's see if we can arrange a session with Sanjay... If not wait for my new cabinets....
Old 10th June 2010, 02:02 AM   #12
tuyen is offline tuyen  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to tuyen
My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen
Old 11th June 2010, 06:23 AM   #13
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuyen View Post
My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen

Hi Tuyen,

I just got back from an overseas trip. I will send you some sketch of the bracing I've done later. Yes, bracings will reduce the boxiness and help improve the image focus.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.
Old 22nd August 2010, 04:49 AM   #15
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovaskai View Post
I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.

Yes, the middle top to bottom bracing has holes in them.. you can see the pics in the 1st post.. The sketch I sent you is a simplified design without the
middle top to bottom brace.
Old 23rd August 2010, 04:00 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

What's the lenght from the top of the cabinet to middle of the speaker? Haven't been changed from the original? I will glue my cabinets soon and then wait for weekend and some free time with them..!
Old 24th August 2010, 01:00 PM   #17
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovaskai View Post
What's the lenght from the top of the cabinet to middle of the speaker? Haven't been changed from the original? I will glue my cabinets soon and then wait for weekend and some free time with them..!
I checked with Mr Teramoto.. It's a scaled drawing so.. distant from top to centre of driver is 172 mm. Hope this helps.
Old 31st March 2013, 11:54 PM   #18
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

The latest version of this cabinet we made is bamboo and plywood hybrid cabinet of 33mm thickness.. A short video below :

Feastrex NF5-EX PIP + Full Kondo Setup - YouTube
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:47 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW View Post
The latest version of this cabinet we made is bamboo and plywood hybrid cabinet of 33mm thickness.. A short video below :

Feastrex NF5-EX PIP + Full Kondo Setup - YouTube
William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:38 AM   #20
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

Hi Clark,

Thanks a lot for you kind comments... yes this whole set up is really stunning.. If you can do pop by Singapore... I've got lots of crazy and fun stuff to show you, we'll have a great time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumenco View Post
William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!

Hide this!Advertise here!