New Cabinet for NF5EX - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Feastrex

Feastrex Hand crafted speakers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 01:04 PM   #11
j45yip is offline j45yip  Singapore
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Singapore
sure, i'm always game. keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW View Post
Hi Gaga and Jo,

Let's see if we can arrange a session with Sanjay... If not wait for my new cabinets....
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 02:02 AM   #12
tuyen is offline tuyen  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Send a message via MSN to tuyen
My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 06:23 AM   #13
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuyen View Post
My cabinet (standard updated br design) currently has no bracing at all inside but I plan to make a rear access panel near the top so I can fit a horizontal cross brace so I can screw the rear of the driver magnet onto it. Is this a worth while tweak? Is making a verticle brace more effective?

I am trying to remove as much boxiness and boominess effects as possible.

Currently my dilemma is with 1 tozwas paper box directly behind the driver, it stops standing wave effects and boominess in the mid range. But I find it also takes away some midrange 'life' and 'body' as well. Is there anything else I can try ? I'm hoping the crossbrace will help with the boominess..

I did stick sound dampening strips internally around the bass port and that did tighten and clean up the bass a bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tuyen

Hi Tuyen,

I just got back from an overseas trip. I will send you some sketch of the bracing I've done later. Yes, bracings will reduce the boxiness and help improve the image focus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 12:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 04:49 AM   #15
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovaskai View Post
I'm beginnig to build the newest version of feastrex cabinets on monday, thank you BTW for sending the plan for those.

How is the middle bracing in this threads enclosures been built? Is it one big wooden board from top to bottom that has holes at the same spots that don't have the bracings that surround the borders? I will definitely have at least the wall bracings included in my cabinets.

Yes, the middle top to bottom bracing has holes in them.. you can see the pics in the 1st post.. The sketch I sent you is a simplified design without the
middle top to bottom brace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 04:00 PM   #16
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
What's the lenght from the top of the cabinet to middle of the speaker? Haven't been changed from the original? I will glue my cabinets soon and then wait for weekend and some free time with them..!
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 01:00 PM   #17
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovaskai View Post
What's the lenght from the top of the cabinet to middle of the speaker? Haven't been changed from the original? I will glue my cabinets soon and then wait for weekend and some free time with them..!
I checked with Mr Teramoto.. It's a scaled drawing so.. distant from top to centre of driver is 172 mm. Hope this helps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 11:54 PM   #18
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
The latest version of this cabinet we made is bamboo and plywood hybrid cabinet of 33mm thickness.. A short video below :

Feastrex NF5-EX PIP + Full Kondo Setup - YouTube
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:47 AM   #19
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW View Post
The latest version of this cabinet we made is bamboo and plywood hybrid cabinet of 33mm thickness.. A short video below :

Feastrex NF5-EX PIP + Full Kondo Setup - YouTube
William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!
__________________
www.blumensteinaudio.com
Blumenstein Audio - Handmade High Efficiency Full Range Single Driver Speakers from Seattle, USA Since 2006
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:38 AM   #20
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Hi Clark,

Thanks a lot for you kind comments... yes this whole set up is really stunning.. If you can do pop by Singapore... I've got lots of crazy and fun stuff to show you, we'll have a great time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumenco View Post
William, phenomenal work. I'd love to fly right out there to hear your system. Those PIP's are very special indeed, and I remember when Mr. Teramoto was putting together the final design on their magnets right before I left.

You've got to have one of the best sounding single driver systems in the world here, all factors considered. Bravo!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feastrex NF5ex dumptydum Full Range 4 4th December 2009 12:09 AM
Cabinet Help!!!! theonlymoog Tubes / Valves 8 18th February 2009 03:02 AM
Cabinet Help felipastro Multi-Way 0 30th August 2008 08:03 PM
Cabinet question ? jim Multi-Way 3 7th January 2004 12:50 PM
My first cabinet. jleaman Multi-Way 2 17th May 2003 11:08 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2