• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

exaU2I - 32bit/384kHz Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
exaU2I is the first affordable Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface on the market capable of streaming multichannel 384 kHz and 352.8 kHz DXD in full 32 bit resolution from a PC to a DAC with professional mastering quality. Another groundbreaking first is the support for DFF DSD64/DSD128.

Asynchronous operation is achieved by using fast FPGA control core, 256 kB FIFO memory buffer and proprietary ASIO driver. Galvanic isolation of the I2S output from the FPGA core and the USB ground virtually eliminates jitter and common noise originated by the computer.

exaU2I will work with most DIY DAC boards with I2S input. We tested and perfected our design using a DAC based on the ESS Technology ES9018 Sabre32 Reference chip.

On the Windows platform the proprietary ASIO driver provides exclusive operation, automatic sampling rate switching and bit-perfect data transfer. Sound streaming is completely independent from the Windows volume control and mixer.

Windows WDM / WASAPI support is available by using a third-party native Windows driver - Virtual Audio Cable.

We provide two Mac OS X drivers optimised for stereo and multichannel operation. Both drivers support up to 32bit resolution at sampling rates up to 384 kHz.

exaU2I Links

The original exaU2I thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.