exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 86 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2011, 05:49 PM   #851
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coris View Post
You do in fact think that the thread "Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise." is all about your product... You can actually not tolerate something else than exclusively about Buffalo on that thread. You do so! You also rejected many times ExaU2I from your own thread, because was about "miss leading"... It does your thread belong to this forum?
Coris,

I appears you don't understand that the Twisted Pear Audio forum is exclusively for Twisted Pear Audio. Why would you expect it to be something else?

I don't recall any other reason for deleting posts other than we did not want to advertise for work we did not necessarily endorse. I am sure any reasonable person can understand that.

Please read the moderator's note at the top of the forum.

Thanks!
Russ
Old 17th October 2011, 06:10 PM   #852
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
Russ,
The readers will decide for themselves who behaves like an honest vendor. If you are interested to have a factual discussion, I am prepared to address any of my statements that you find wiled or inaccurate.

You didn't reply to the questions that matter to the DIY users regarding achieving the best sound with a Buffalo DAC. Many of them consider various I2S devices. It appears that you are looking for end to end TPA solution and nothing else works for you.

I am disappointed to see this useless fight on my thread. Long ago on the about page of the TPA website there was a BS meter. I don't know why it was removed. I really liked it. Anyway it was showing around -20dB. On this thread we are aiming for -120dB.
Hi exa065,

I want to be as neutral as possible for both parties (I love you both )

When you say "It appears that you are looking for end to end TPA solution and nothing else works for you."

I have to be in disagreement with you on that one though... I'm using a dual mono BII setup with a Tube I/V and many times needed help for the BII to interface with it and Russ was giving me some good pointers and helping out, which turned out to work good.

Like I have said you both have AMAZING products/solutions and we need you both. I'm sure there's enough place for two great minds!

Ciao!
Do
Old 17th October 2011, 08:55 PM   #853
rsdio is offline rsdio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
I am genuinely interested in spawning a new conversation in a new thread about a similar topic only because I think its fun to design things from the ground up. I bet many people would get a lot more out of learning how it works, then simply buying something. I understand there are people for whom just buying something is the best option. That's quite fine, but then there are people like me for which that is simply not enough fun.
If you do start such a topic in a new thread, then please drop a brief note here. I'd like to read along.

Personally, I think that a USB Audio Class compliant device is a bit beyond the skills of the average DIY hacker, but maybe someday there will be someone to donate open source. But even though I have my doubts that it will ever happen, I'm always open to discussion.
Old 18th October 2011, 01:08 AM   #854
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
Hello everybody,
Thank you for the quiet support. I understand that it is hard for you to speak out because you need good relations with all parties involved in this discussion. The last 24 hours were the all-times best for exaDevices. We've never received so many orders within 24 hours.
exa065
Keep up the good work

regards
Trev
Old 18th October 2011, 01:26 AM   #855
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdio View Post
Personally, I think that a USB Audio Class compliant device is a bit beyond the skills of the average DIY hacker, but maybe someday there will be someone to donate open source. But even though I have my doubts that it will ever happen, I'm always open to discussion.
I have to agree with this. from the USB to I2S boards i have seen.they are quite complex. If one was a kit that you simply soldered parts onto, that would be one thing. but building one from scratch is a pretty big ball of wax.

BUT!! I personally would like to BUY an affordable USB audio solution! I don't care who makes it as long as it is affordable and works!
Old 26th October 2011, 01:45 AM   #856
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Frequently Asked Question

The most frequently asked question on the exaU2I tech support page is: "How do I connect the exaU2I to a Buffalo II DAC?" It seems that the schematic that we have on our DIY guide at www.exadevices.com > exaU2I > D.I.Y. Guide is not very informative.

The more specific question is: "Where do I find DVCC on the Buffalo II board?"
Since I don't have a Buffalo II DAC, the best answer that I can come up with is from the Buffalo II User guide:

Optional Features

The following are not recommended nor supported, but as some of you will want to tinker I am making this information available. If you decide do this do not expect any support should your DAC fail. You are on your own. To use external supplies remove the ferrite bead located on the bottom side of the PCB for the supply you wish to make external.

VDD(1.2V) remove L6

VDD_XO(3.3V) remove L7

DVCC (3.3V) remove L8

Once you have removed the ferrite bead you can supply each voltage at the marked pin header. For

convenience I added a pad for VD at each header.

It appears that DVCC can be obtained from L8 - the side that is away from the regulator.

How do you connect exaU2I to BII?
Any feedback is appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: gif exaU2I-ES9018-Two-Channel.gif (3.4 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by exa065; 26th October 2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 26th October 2011, 06:09 AM   #857
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
I don't recall any other reason for deleting posts other than we did not want to advertise for work we did not necessarily endorse. I am sure any reasonable person can understand that.

Please read the moderator's note at the top of the forum.

Thanks!
Russ
As I clearly recall you may have serious memory issues,
and maybe it would not hurt if you re-read the moderator´s note yourself.

Anyhow I think that the best for all would be that you reside in your own domain (TPA vendor forum) and moderate and delete any posts you want there - and simply let other forum threads alone as you as an vendor simply should NOT interfere in issues where you have a clear business interest.

PS! If I had written this post in your domain where you can delete posts I am 100% sure this post would have been deleted ASAP - just like ALL the other of my posts you previously have deleted.
Old 26th October 2011, 06:50 AM   #858
diyAudio Member

Just for the record

Forum Rules

Rule 11. Note 4.:

"The regular forums are non-commercial and should have no advertisements or overtly commercial threads or posts. These belong in the appropriate Commercial Sector forums. Commercial entities may have threads and post in the regular forums discussing theory and initial product design. If a project gets close to commercial availability, the topic must be continued in a Commercial Sector thread."

If a projects gets close to commercial availability... ... MUST be continued in a Commercial Sector thread

exadevices is ignoring that rule and forum ethics on a continuous basis. I mentioned that before. The situation is not new.

There's nothing to argue about or to discuss. The situation is crystal clear. The moderators are obviously sleeping.

BR

P.S: From what I recall Russ and most other serious vendors usually stick to those rules.

Last edited by soundcheck; 26th October 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 26th October 2011, 07:06 AM   #859
rsdio is offline rsdio  United States
diyAudio Member

Seems like nothing would be lost if exa065 were to start a new thread in the commercial forum with a title referencing the exaU2I. I have no idea what it takes to start a commercial thread - are there requirements of some sort stopping anyone from doing this?

If there are no barriers, then the discussion of the exaU2I should continue there. Considering the cobwebs growing on this thread and the number of times it has been sidetracked, I actually think that a new thread would be preferred. Any stragglers who continue to follow this thread could be guided to the new thread via posted links. Not only that, but placement on the commercial forum could actually boost exaU2I sales again.

Everyone's happy!
Old 26th October 2011, 07:40 AM   #860
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdio View Post
Seems like nothing would be lost if exa065 were to start a new thread in the commercial forum with a title referencing the exaU2I. I have no idea what it takes to start a commercial thread - are there requirements of some sort stopping anyone from doing this?

If there are no barriers, then the discussion of the exaU2I should continue there. Considering the cobwebs growing on this thread and the number of times it has been sidetracked, I actually think that a new thread would be preferred. Any stragglers who continue to follow this thread could be guided to the new thread via posted links. Not only that, but placement on the commercial forum could actually boost exaU2I sales again.

Everyone's happy!
Open a new thread... !?!?

...this one gotta be moved over there to make us all happy.

Exa - according to the rules - was forced to do it weeks/months ago when the discussion popped up the first time.
They just keep ignoring it as long as the heat is low. Those guys exactly know what they are doing.

And what about those vendors who STILL follow the rules. I'd have a serious problem with this forum if suddenly all vendors would start to act like this company.

BR

Last edited by soundcheck; 26th October 2011 at 07:48 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!