Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2011, 04:25 PM   #651
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
The TPA guys have stricter censor management than the old iron curtain guys
Seems fair to me considering that, in contrast to the exaU21 device, the TPA products are marketed in the commercial sector of DIYaudio.
Old 31st July 2011, 04:46 PM   #652
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMac View Post
Seems fair to me considering that, in contrast to the exaU21 device, the TPA products are marketed in the commercial sector of DIYaudio.
We will move to the commercial sector when we have more content and more products. It will be disrespectful to the community to move one single thread for the questionable benefit of censorship. Alter all, facing critical views like yours helps us to stay strong, honest and credible.
Old 31st July 2011, 05:26 PM   #653
diyAudio Member

Quote:
simply delete all posts that either they imagine as critical in any way
I am going to have to chime in here (sorry). The following is a list of reasons we might delete a post:

- posts promoting competing products... that only makes sense
- posts that are technically inaccurate or misleading, which may lead users to make mistakes

We do not delete posts that are simply critical.
Old 31st July 2011, 05:34 PM   #654
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
We will move to the commercial sector when we have more content and more products. It will be disrespectful to the community to move one single thread for the questionable benefit of censorship. Alter all, facing critical views like yours helps us to stay strong, honest and credible.
I'm sure you could decide not to censor also in a thread in the commercial sector. I would find that more honest, credible and consistent with community rules.
Anyway, my 'critical view' has nothing to do with your device so I'm OT. Just lurking around for OSX support
Cheers,
Nic
Old 31st July 2011, 05:48 PM   #655
kevinh is offline kevinh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Wow. How do you buy the Burwen software?

You can get a key at his site and download the software. I am waiting for the Audio Splendor to become available. The Bobcat software is available now $469. The Audio Splendor will be ~1,200.

BBTB_Download

Not affiliated with Burwen software.

The Audio Splendor is an expanded version that will create up to 7.1 from 2 ch recordings. Bobcat will do 5.1.

Some information from Dick on the software and multi ch:

[quote]I make 3 channels in front by adding left and right into the center, each at -13 dB. To compensate narrowing of the image, left and right are blended out of phase at -22 dB. Both AUDIO SPLENDOR and BURWEN BOBCAT TONE BALANCER have around 40 fixed mixes one of which does this. AUDIO SPLENDOR also has a 7 to 7 mixer variable in 0.1 dB steps.

Other systems for enhancing stereo imaging use combinations of mixing and delays and do nothing to fix bad high frequencies. In addition to tonal balancing, my system fixes high frequencies by adding unique high frequency reverberation that no other company has and does not occur in real rooms. I strongly recommend 5 channels instead of 3. My system adds ambience into both rear and front channels to make everything more musical. The instruments are still up front where they should be........

Both AUDIO SPLENDOR and BURWEN BOBCAT TONE BALANCER have an all-channel master volume control. Tone calculations are made at 64 bits floating point and reverb at 32 bits floating point......

Yes. Sample rate conversion is basically interpolation to get more samples. You can play CDs at 88.2 kHz, 24 bits. (The Audio Splendor can work up to 192k/24 bit IIRC. I didn't go into a lot of detail with him about higher clock freq so this info may be incomplete), [/quote

So the software will do up sampling of CD's, includes the functionality of the Cello Audio Pallette, go from 2 to 7.1 from CD source. It add a small amt of hi freq reverb. I am in the process of transferring my CD's to the pc.

It does reequire you use the Windows Media Player & Excel(the software is written in excel workbooks and is a WMP media player. It will also work with MP3's. I am using a FLAC converter for FLAC files I have. The settings for a recording can be stored, so no need for program eq after first setting. However the settings are stored as metadata so the original file is always available.

BTW I am not affilated just looking to become a customer.
Old 31st July 2011, 06:01 PM   #656
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
I am going to have to chime in here (sorry). The following is a list of reasons we might delete a post:

- posts promoting competing products... that only makes sense
- posts that are technically inaccurate or misleading, which may lead users to make mistakes

We do not delete posts that are simply critical.
Hi Brian,
I respect your space. It was the first time I allowed myself to answer a direct question in a balanced way. I won't intrude again.

I certainly taught that exaU2I complements your offerings by filling in a missing piece of the puzzle. What other computer interface can offer the 32bit/384kHz resolution and the multichannel capabilities of exaU2I?

I don't think my answer was misleading or inaccurate. I am not sure what was the line that I overstepped.

exa065
Old 31st July 2011, 06:40 PM   #657
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMac View Post
I'm sure you could decide not to censor also in a thread in the commercial sector. I would find that more honest, credible and consistent with community rules.
Anyway, my 'critical view' has nothing to do with your device so I'm OT. Just lurking around for OSX support
Cheers,
Nic
Hi Nic,
Our experience is mostly Windows. Getting into Objective C, Cocoa UI and CoreAudio is a real adventure for us. At the present time we enjoy the DIY journey.
Old 31st July 2011, 07:18 PM   #658
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Nic,
Our experience is mostly Windows. Getting into Objective C, Cocoa UI and CoreAudio is a real adventure for us. At the present time we enjoy the DIY journey.
Ever consider some help with the OSX drivers?

If so try contacting Rob Robinson at Pure Music CHANNEL D - Contact

Maybe there is something you two can work out? I would think the business that would be generated from the first to deliver a Mac solution would be very profitable.

-Steve
Quietly waiting for a OSX/USB/I2S solution.......
Old 31st July 2011, 07:30 PM   #659
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

If I may... I hope Axa will not object that I like posting here

I feel need to update you on the latest I find out regarding the problem I outlined here before. The problem was that I could not find software crossover for OSX so I did it through the use of Jack and Logic. Crossover within Pure Music was fine but I needed something else in order to play streaming music or simply just to pop CD, since I was not able to do it in Pure Music.

Now life gets much simpler. Pure Music implemented play through option, which functions sort of like Jack. It allows you to select Pure Music as an output device. That way you could use any other player to play through Pure Music, where you might have set up crossover and Eq filters. That is much easier and simpler than what I was doing before with Jack and Logic. That way you could enjoy your digital files, streaming and CD all through the same set up on Pure Music player. We all do that, we enjoy our Flac files, but we also need simple background music as well.

So Axa, here is one more voice for OSX driver, hehe
Old 31st July 2011, 08:09 PM   #660
diyAudio Member

I've heard rumors about TPA trying to make a similar hi-res async USB receiver. Maybe that's why they consider exaU2I a competing product.

I do however feel that it's more honest not to practice a strict censorship.

Hide this!Advertise here!