exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 64 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2011, 04:37 PM   #631
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Default Oscillator(s) on ExaUSB board

May I ask you oscillator device(s) employed for generating MCLK signal on ExaUSB board? (I failed to find the information on your web site.)

Do you have two oscillator devices for both fs=44.1 kHz series and fs=48 kHz series? What is the maximum frequency of MCLK?

I'd like to recommend you try a synchronous clocking for ES9018 chip by providing MCLK generated on your board to the chip.
Old 17th July 2011, 01:38 AM   #632
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMac View Post
I have considered it and my reasons for not getting it are ... The lack of independent reviews. Cheers, Nic
Supratek News has published a review of the exaU2I USB-I2S interface: Ultra Hi Resolution Digital.

Thank you, Supratek!
Old 17th July 2011, 01:58 AM   #633
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
May I ask you oscillator device(s) employed for generating MCLK signal on ExaUSB board? (I failed to find the information on your web site.)

Do you have two oscillator devices for both fs=44.1 kHz series and fs=48 kHz series? What is the maximum frequency of MCLK?

I'd like to recommend you try a synchronous clocking for ES9018 chip by providing MCLK generated on your board to the chip.
Hello Bunpei,

Yes, we do have two oscillator devices for both fs=44.1 kHz series and fs=48 kHz series. However we state in the DIY Guide that SCK should be left unconnected when used with ES9018 kits. SCK is intended to be used with other DACs with sources up to 192 kHz.

Thank you for the recommendation, we will test synchronous clocking. If it is required by our users we will implement it in future releases of the device.
Old 17th July 2011, 02:07 AM   #634
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemming3520 View Post
Hi George

The Korg Audiogate software can generate a DSD128 files from a DSD64 or wav file

You can download from - KORG - Learning Center.
Audiogate is free but you need a Twitter acount

But the way, the es9018 Dac will accept up to DSD512 (with a 80+ MHz clock), so for the fun of it, you should add support for all DSD formats between DSD64 and DSD512.

Flemming
Hi Flemming,
Do you know any sources for DSD256 and DSD512 files. I am also looking for multi-channel DSDDFF samples.
-Best,

exa065
Old 17th July 2011, 07:49 AM   #635
joemana is offline joemana  United States
diyAudio Member

George,

Have you try the Blue Coast Records? They have DSD download but I can't find the rate.
Here is the link: Blue Coast Records - Blue Coast Collection

Joe
Old 17th July 2011, 10:14 AM   #636
diyAudio Member

Default DSD256 and DSD512 files and multi channel DFF files

Hi George

I do not have a source for DSD256 or DSD512 files so I will suggest that you create them from wav files

1) Start with a 176.4kHz wav file : Use Audiogate to resample a 44.1kHz file if needed.
2) In the Wav header change sample frequency and byte rate to 44.1kHz for DSD512 and 88.2kHz for DSD256
3) Use Audiogate to convert to DSD128.
4) In the dff files change the sampling frequency

You can also start with a DXD/352.8kHz file.

Wav format ex https://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/4...ts/WaveFormat/

There is one short free multi channel DFF sample here Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: sample.7z
It is from DSDIFF Decoder - Hydrogenaudio Forums, post 29
NB It is only the newest version of the foobar2000 dsd plugin that maps the channels correct.

I once downloaded 2L50SACD_tr1_DSD_multi.dff from 2L, but it is not on the web site any more.
You can see the header here : PS3SACD.com :: View topic - Home made DSD disc

I have ripped some of my discs so I have samples, but I only have a 4.0 system, so I will have to find a way to mix C and LFE into L/R channels

Flemming
Old 17th July 2011, 12:16 PM   #637
diyAudio Member

Joe, Flemming, thank you for the links. I will play with the headers to see if I can get around the AG sampling rate limitation.

exa065
Old 19th July 2011, 03:46 AM   #638
diyAudio Member

Several weeks ago flemming3520 made an exciting announcement: exaU2I is able to play DSD DFF files! Based on Flemming's idea we created the loTech DFF Player - an experimental application for playing DFF files with exaU2I. More information about the player and its capabilities can be found on the exaDevices Blog Please give it a try and post about your experience on this thread.

exa065
Old 19th July 2011, 12:39 PM   #639
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

When I'm switching from one samplerat/bitrate to another (without pressing stop) in J.River I get an error message. I don't have this problem with other Asio sources. Not a big issue since it's solved by pressing stop and then play, but still something I would like to see fixed.

I'm almost interesting in hearing more about the cause of hiccups with the standard firmware in Buffalo II. If it's related to high jitter level or not. I haven't bought the new firmware yet and is hesitant because TPA is saying it will increase the tolerance for phase noise/jitter.
Old 19th July 2011, 03:02 PM   #640
jgazal is offline jgazal  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
(...)
Yes, we do have two oscillator devices for both fs=44.1 kHz series and fs=48 kHz series. However we state in the DIY Guide that SCK should be left unconnected when used with ES9018 kits. SCK is intended to be used with other DACs with sources up to 192 kHz.
(...)
Is there two crystals for that purpose in exaU21? Or is there a clock devider/multiplier?

Suppose I want to use the same crystal clock that is driving ES9018 (assume 100 mHz) to also drive the exaU21. Is that possible?

Is has something to do with LCM (44.1 kHz; 48 kHz) = 7.056 mHz?

Hide this!Advertise here!