exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2011, 07:22 PM   #501
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egberttheone View Post
I'm still considering buying the u2i the only thing holding me back is that i want to be able to play movies with MPC-HC and watch TV using DVBViewer both are not ASIO compatible. I would need some software for it to do MME/WDM > ASIO. Does something like this exists?

What about Virtual Audio Cable? does exaU2I support this ?
On the website of VAC they say it is ASIO compatible, did any one test this? It should show up in the audiorepeater software from VAC.
Egberttheone,

I've been working closely with the people from NTONYX and I am about to release a beta exaU2I software for use with Virtual Audio Cable (VAC). It works with up to 8 channels / 192kHz. VAC supports WASAPI mode. The beta driver will be available for download within 2-3 days. On our systems it works fine with Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, MPC-HC, and VLC.

The new VAC-exa combo is called exaU2I Dashboard. You can see screenshots of the user interface here: Using exaU2I USB-I2S 384 kHz/32bit Eight Channel Transceiver with AlbumPlayer. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Cheers,

exa065
Old 13th May 2011, 08:04 AM   #502
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
Hi Leif,
I need at least 10 users interested to preorder the custom version of exaU2I to justify the development of the new design. I will need a small deposit upfront. The custom exaU2I will target PCM1704, however it will preserve the standard I2S compatibility. All users will benefit form the enhancements.

Best regards,

exa065
IŽll take 2 , just to get the pre-orders going
2-0 to Norway! oH

best
Leif
Old 13th May 2011, 08:06 AM   #503
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
I think it is worth it to try AlbumPlayer. I would mention one issue to be careful with: The media library management capabilities are a bit too advanced for me. I wouldn't let it modify my media library in any automatic way.

Best,

exa065
I have tested the AlbumPlayer on Windows 7 in virtual mode...

The AlbumPlayer are not able to play 352.8k or 384k when run in virtual mode.
I also banged in to several bugs that caused the AlbumPlayer to crash...
And also crash Windows 7 so I needed to reboot...
This happened when I tried to configure the ASIO drivers...
All sorts of strange things happened when I tried to use the exaU2I in 8 channel, 4 channel and 2 channel mode..
No audio - audio at the double pitch - audio at the half pitch - "hacking" audio - and crashing AlbumPlayer and DLL errors that only would stop by rebooting Windows 7. Some of the error messages that popped up by some DLL error was of the real old Windows fashion and got me thinking of Windows98..
And also the unrecoverable nature of the errors got me thinking of "old" stuff..
AlbumPlayer was only tested with music from a local drive as the crashing and bugs was to irritating to be tolerated :-(

As AlbumPlayer are buggy and you get unrecoverable crashes both from DLLŽs and AlbumPlayer itself and also misses the possibility to optimize the buffering levels I would be cautious...

With Foobar2000 I only have had "problems" with "hacking" audio when using virtual mode and only with 352.8k/384k played from a NAS - no other strange things and absolutely no crashing.
With Foobar2000 I only needed to adjust the buffer levels and then it worked OK with all samplerates and bit depths also when playing music from a NAS.

Attached some pictures of Foobar2000 run in virtual mode..

EDIT: Maybe the new (not available) exaU2I DashBoard would have improved the ASIO problems,
but I had no chance to test this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W7 virt.jpg (170.0 KB, 477 views)
File Type: jpg Parallels dev.jpg (70.2 KB, 469 views)

Last edited by RayCtech; 13th May 2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 13th May 2011, 08:17 AM   #504
diyAudio Member

good morning Raymond
very interesting
have you tried importing any skins for the Foobar when running exa?
tried the new Foobar beta version with album art?
best
Leif
Old 13th May 2011, 08:33 AM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by leifchristensen View Post
good morning Raymond
very interesting
have you tried importing any skins for the Foobar when running exa?
tried the new Foobar beta version with album art?
best
Leif
In the screen shots above I use the skin "Columns UI" downloaded from the Foobar2000 site..
I have also downloaded and installed the Apple Lossless decoder DLL so Foobar2000 can play / use my iTunes library directly.
Most of my iTunes library are in (352.8k/32bit) AIFF format and plays directly without any additional DLLŽs.

As it may be seen from the screen shots I have disabled Aero in Windows 7 due to when I run Windows 7 virtual on a OS X system I also use VNC to remote control the Foobar2000 app with a MacBook Air or a IPad...
Old 13th May 2011, 08:53 AM   #506
diyAudio Member

ok thxs
I have Vista Ultimate 64b on the musicserver, and control it from listening pos.via laptop with w7 64b and remote desktop
shouldnŽt cause any problems then
what about the new Foobar beta?
best
Leif
Old 13th May 2011, 09:11 AM   #507

Quote:
ok thxs
I have Vista Ultimate 64b on the musicserver, and control it from listening pos.via laptop with w7 64b and remote desktop
shouldnŽt cause any problems then
what about the new Foobar beta?
best
Leif
As I am able to play with the exaU2I on a OS X platform I have reached the first milestone...
The next step are either OS X drivers for the exaU2I or another USB -> I2S board as I want as soon as possible to completely get rid of the Windows issues.
Thus I do not want to waste more time on Windows - the frustrating testing of the AlbumPlayer was the very final nail in the Windows coffin
Old 13th May 2011, 09:14 AM   #508
diyAudio Member

ok
Old 13th May 2011, 09:19 AM   #509

Quote:
IŽll take 2 , just to get the pre-orders going
2-0 to Norway! oH

best
Leif
With OS X drivers included I would also have pre-order a board or two..
Old 13th May 2011, 09:25 AM   #510
diyAudio Member

4-0 !

Hide this!Advertise here!