exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 37 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2011, 12:35 AM   #361
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
On the another note, you can also see my system that is slowly coming together and literarily shaping up.
Well it helps if link is there...

Babelfishing by Mighty AR2
Old 18th April 2011, 12:48 AM   #362
rsdio is offline rsdio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
this technique does not always work, depending on the receiver it will sometimes use the power lines to be sure there is something at the other end before sending data. will do this by pulling high or low in a designated fashion. given RayCtech has been using LiFeP04 already its likely the exadevice is tolerant of the power wires not being there, but its not an across the board solution
You're describing removal of USB power without replacing it, and of course that won't work. It will work if you feed the auxiliary power in on the same lines. How will the receiver know where the 5 V comes from? That's why I said that you should be careful to make sure the voltage is within USB specifications. The idea is that you have to provide the power, but not necessarily the power from the host.

The "pulling high or low in a designated fashion" that you reference is also part of the USB specification, and is how the host determines the speed of the device.

I'm sure there are ways to break a USB device by messing around with power, though, which is why I pointed out that you're not going to gain any improvement to your analog sound by screwing around with the digital supply. Your efforts should be focused on the DAC board analog supply, which is why Mr. exa went to such trouble to isolate the exaU2I from the DAC board.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:51 AM   #363
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well it helps if link is there...

Babelfishing by Mighty AR2
I felt embarrassed to ask. What do you use for room correction? I've read extensively about DRC but never had the patience to implement it properly. Another one that I had a chance to test is IK Multimedia ARC. Foobar comes with a reputable impulse response convolver - foobar2000: Components Repository - Impulse Response Convolver. It should work under Foobar together with Allocator.

Last edited by exa065; 18th April 2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 18th April 2011, 04:14 AM   #364
Master Burner

Exa,

I use to use Behringer DCX2496 and Behringer DEQ2496, digital crossover and digital Eq. I use Sound Easy or REW to do measurement, and I would transfer that to Behringer DEQ. I typically would not do any corrections in the regions above bass, and than also I would apply just about 1/2 of what measurement tells you to do. New version 5 of REW is really good, fast and straight forward. Sound Easy is serous measurement software but is much more complex. REW is free to download, but you have to register for that Home theatre board:
REW V5 Beta - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

The best way to do it is to make several measurements and than to take an average reading out of them all.

Bohdan, the guy who wrote SE made also an outstanding software The Ultimate EQ, but unfortunately it doesn't support ASIO and it works only up to 48KHz. Outside of those limitations it is the best software out there for speaker measurement, linearization and room correction. It is also well documented, speaker designer John Krekowski wrote the manual for it. If they would overcome those limitations that would be the way to go.
Ultimate Equalizer
Old 18th April 2011, 04:18 AM   #365
Master Burner

Forgot to mention, Bohdan was actively looking to partner with someone to develop the DSP board to work with his software, but that did not go to far. If you are interested more he host a Sound Easy group on Yahoo groups under Sound Easy group...
Old 18th April 2011, 05:37 AM   #366
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Forgot to mention, Bohdan was actively looking to partner with someone to develop the DSP board to work with his software, but that did not go to far. If you are interested more he host a Sound Easy group on Yahoo groups under Sound Easy group...
I searched Yahoo Groups for "Sound Easy" and found nothing. Actually, there were three pages of results, but no group with that title. Adding "Bohdan" literally came up with "Sorry, no matches were found ..."

Is there any way you can give a specific link, or maybe just PM me with contact info for Bohdan?
Old 18th April 2011, 06:56 AM   #367
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdio View Post
I searched Yahoo Groups for "Sound Easy" and found nothing. Actually, there were three pages of results, but no group with that title. Adding "Bohdan" literally came up with "Sorry, no matches were found ..."

Is there any way you can give a specific link, or maybe just PM me with contact info for Bohdan?
Here is the link for yahoo group which name is SoundEasyuserslist

SoundEasyuserslist : Discussion group for Bodzio Software's SoundEasy loudspeaker design software

Next, Bodzio's web page is
Bodzio Software

On his web page at the bottom you will find his email address.

Let me know if you need any further help.
Old 18th April 2011, 07:40 AM   #368
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Here is the link for yahoo group which name is SoundEasyuserslist

SoundEasyuserslist : Discussion group for Bodzio Software's SoundEasy loudspeaker design software

Next, Bodzio's web page is
Bodzio Software

On his web page at the bottom you will find his email address.

Let me know if you need any further help.
Ah, it looks like he was seeking an established loudspeaker manufacturer to fund the development and launch of a DSP product based on his particular flavor of math. Perhaps there were no takers because the established loudspeaker manufacturers already have their own EQ algorithms.

I may contact Bohdan anyway, though, since I have DSP hardware design experience. If he ever decides to fund the product himself, then there might be a match.

In any event, thanks for the links!
Old 18th April 2011, 07:56 AM   #369
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It is also well documented, speaker designer John Krekowski wrote the manual for it.
Is that John Kreskovsky?
Old 18th April 2011, 08:02 AM   #370
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdio View Post
Is that John Kreskovsky?
Yes, sorry my typo.

Here is the link

Music and Design

Hide this!Advertise here!