• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface

Several forum members and exaU2I users have asked me to produce a modified version of exaU2I for use with PCM1704. A good solution will require two changes to the current device:

• Change in the output format
  • Elimination of GMR jitter
We will be happy to produce a custom exaU2I if there are enough users interested in it.
I wonder how many of you are using PCM1704 and would be interested to preorder?

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
Several forum members and exaU2I users have asked me to produce a modified version of exaU2I for use with PCM1704. A good solution will require two changes to the current device:

• Change in the output format
  • Elimination of GMR jitter
We will be happy to produce a custom exaU2I if there are enough users interested in it.
I wonder how many of you are using PCM1704 and would be interested to preorder?

The modified version support both PCM1704 and other "standard" i2s dacs?

Hi, Personnaly I would be very interested in a version of your exa device with 8 output channel of 44100hz PCM or I2S and linux support ( ALSA linux developpers would help you if you contacted them).
And yes I could be interested in PCM1704 but if on a seperate board because I am interested in 8 channel of output meaning several PCM 1704 (probably also in balanced fashion).

...I could be interested in PCM1704 but if on a seperate board because I am interested in 8 channel of output meaning several PCM 1704 (probably also in balanced fashion).
The modified exaU2I will be only an interface. The DAC board will be separate. You will be able to connect up to 8 channels and of course you will be able to implement balanced mode PCM 1704.

I want to use Windows Media Player Classic to play movies.
Windows Media Player classic has no ASIO support, but i heard of people using Reclock. Can anyone confirm if this is actually working in combination with the EXA device and windows 7 ?

egberttheone, can you provide more information about the Reclock configuration that you want to implement. I will test it and I will publish the results. I am not familiar with Reclock so I will need some guidance from you.

If there will be a PCB upgrade is it possible to add a header / jumpers between the USB connector and the USB hardware parts for 5 volt, gnd, and the D+ and D- signals for easy implementation of USB isolation?

RayCtech, I am not sure if this is a good idea. The new board will deal with galvanic isolation in a different way. There will be no need to isolate the USB input.

Hi exa, i have some q if You dont mind...
1. Does it Mac OSX supported?
2. Does the hardware accept difital USB galvaniv isolation
but on the input (with adum4160...)
{I know that one iso barrier exist at the outputs it is clear from the picture...}
3. is there some posibility to have split I2S bus L/L and R/R ?
thanks
cheers

Hi Zoran,
For now there is no OS X support. Could you explain in more detail questions 2 and 3? How do you want to use the L/L R/R I2S output?

Cheers,

Exa065

Now I am running "glue logic" I2S splitter to L and R ch
(to feed dual mono sabre)
to be more clear
data order:
normal I2S = 32bit_left-data - 32bit_right-data - 32bit_left-data - 32bit_right-data
I2S left = 32bit_left-data 32bit_left-data
I2S right = 32bit_right-data 32bit_right-data
(sys clk and latch remains the same...)
I think that should not be hard because the datas are alredy in memory
just to "repack" the order of words?
:D