exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2011, 02:33 PM   #201
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

looks like you have a winner, unintentional confusion created by me earlier in the thread aside, i wish you luck, looks like you did your homework and the area is richer for it. i think it is wise that you create a forum, because this thread really is in breach of the forum rules, it was not a forum project, but a commercial product and should be presented as such.

and Ray, indeed it should work nicely with ackodac considering like your dac it also supports the full `1.5mhz with nos and up to 500khz with os with a 100mhz clock installed.

Last edited by qusp; 25th March 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 25th March 2011, 04:45 PM   #202
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post

Unfortunately, some users have expressed concerns about sharing their experience on this thread. They say that they were approached, misled and misinformed by third parties that are interested to interfere with the success of exaU2I. In response to their concerns we will create a dedicated forum for supporting the device.
It's a shame that the DIYers that have purchased these units aren't sharing their experiences here. I suppose people have vested interests and it's usually fairly obvious that some are here to beat a drum. Best of luck with the new forum.
Old 25th March 2011, 06:02 PM   #203
greggp is offline greggp  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to greggp
Couldn't you just create a new section/thread in the 'Vendor Forums' area?
Old 25th March 2011, 07:10 PM   #204
AR2 is online now AR2  United States
Master Burner

I really do not see any problems for this to continue as is. This project is dedicated to DIYers, it is available to DIYers, and it greatly enriches our knowledge and experience. We are absolutely thankful that we have access to such a wealth of knowledge as well as direct access to the unit that is ground breaking in what it attempts to do.

As far as I see we all well behaved here and this thread was not used for unit or parts ordering but to discuss this unit and to help in anyone having questions. Exa publicly announced what he is doing, shared his knowledge and plans for anyone to see and to discuss, so from that perspective we could just admire his approach and certainly not complain about it.

I hate when we break threads because for someone willing to learn there should be one place to find all relevant info. So, my vote is to keep the discussion here. Any commercial transactions, direct ordering and such is already done off this thread and it doesn't interfere with forum rules, in my mind.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:31 PM   #205
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggp View Post
Couldn't you just create a new section/thread in the 'Vendor Forums' area?
exactly, i mean thats what it is right?
Old 26th March 2011, 07:48 AM   #206
elecon is offline elecon  Japan
diyAudio Member

Just to clarify that Fidelix Caprice indeed was designed and verified for 352.8kHz (DXD) playback with SDTrans 192 Rev 2.0, 2.1, and 3.0 units loaded with 2L files throughout the design and development process.

I have personally bought an "early version" and "middle generation" version of the Buffalo DAC, which we also have verified to be capable of playing 352.8kHz (and this feature may have been improved in later versions of the Buffalo), but our impression of the Buffalo units we had on hand were that 352.8kHz playback was not an original design consideration, and only further DIY modification made it (barely) possible. However, I understand that the Buffalo designers recently also are heading towards 352.8kHz and above playback...

Everyone here in Earthquake, Tsunami, and Radiation hit Japan from the Fidelix and SDTrans 192 teams (including supporting DIY members like myself) are in strong support and agreement with exaU2I and hope for great success. We deplore anyone who attempt to mislead and misinform about the exaU2I attempting to interfere with its success. We think that proper moderating of this thread by diyaudio -dot- com should be able to take care of such problems, so we wish that the thread here continues.

Bunpei wrote:
Quote:
The problem was reproduced on the following DACs.
A. ESS ES9018 2ch Evaluation Board (40MHz, 100MHz)
B. Buffalo32s
C. Buffalo II DAC (80MHz, 100MHz)
D. Fidelix CAPRICE (96MHz)
You can have one another work-around. Not using "Over Sampling Mode".
RayCtech wrote:
Quote:
So my conclusion are simply:
The products you mentioned are simply not designed for 352.8k -> 1536k use.
Ask the designers of those products to implement support for higher than 192k samplerates...
exa065 wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, some users have expressed concerns about sharing their experience on this thread. They say that they were approached, misled and misinformed by third parties that are interested to interfere with the success of exaU2I. In response to their concerns we will create a dedicated forum for supporting the device.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:26 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

Gotta question regarding I2S isolators.

Are we talking about NVE IL711 ??

If yes. I looked up the spec.

From a jitter perspective that spec doesn't look that convincing

Any opinion about it?

Cheers
Old 27th March 2011, 02:22 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post

Are we talking about NVE IL711 ??

If yes. I looked up the spec.

From a jitter perspective that spec doesn't look that convincing
Soundcheck, there are
other options: ISO7240M, Si8440BB, ADuM1400CRW, IL715, ISO150, wideband transformers. But i don't know wich is best one
Old 28th March 2011, 02:52 PM   #209
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Nevozhay View Post
..., there are
other options: ISO7240M, Si8440BB, ADuM1400CRW, IL715, ISO150, wideband transformers. But i don't know which is best one
I don't know which is the best neither.
However, at least, I experienced IL715 built in Fidelix I2S Receiver on LVDS.
Click the image to open in full size.

I played audio files of Fs ranging from 44.1 kHz/16 bit to 352.8 kHz/24 bit on SDTrans connected to Fidelix CAPRICE, ES9018-based DAC, or TPA Buffalo II.
My ears detected no apparent degradation through the signal path.
In this case, the highest frequency signal in I2S is Bit Clock of 22.5792 MHz. IL715 is designed for 100 MHz and pulse jitter value in datasheet is 100 ps.

By the way, RayCTech connected exaU2I to Fidelix CAPRICE DAC via Fidelix I2S interface option according to his post on this thread. In this configuration, two stages of GMR isolators were involved, the first one in exaU2I and the second one in CAPRICE. I'm not sure whether he intended to do so or not.
Old 28th March 2011, 03:21 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

I've also sent I2S over LVDS + an opto isolator and have measured no significant degradation in jitter performance. I used TI packages, the SN65LVDS series of LVDS and the ISO7240M isolator.

Hide this!Advertise here!