exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 138 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2016, 05:05 PM   #1371
diyAudio Member

Anyone knows why the choice was made to add isolation after the buffering and reclocking, instead of isolating the I2S extracted from USB and then buffer in the FPGA and read out with high quality clock as it is done?

The isolation adds its own jitter if i understand
Old 10th June 2016, 06:17 PM   #1372
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojip View Post
Anyone knows why the choice was made to add isolation after the buffering and reclocking

It's been ages since i had one of those, but is there any actual reclocking outside of the processor? I guess isolating and reclocking 8 channels would have added quite a bit of complexity to the board. And there was supposed to be a mk2...
Old 11th June 2016, 06:40 PM   #1373
diyAudio Member

There is no reclocking on this board. But USB data is decoupled into a large buffer inside the FPGA and read out using high quality clocks on the board. However the power domain isolation happens on the output I2S interface using GMRs which inject jitter of their own.

Wonder why the USB power isolation wasnt done at the input, leaving the I2S output to have the low jiiter clock
Old 13th January 2017, 05:45 AM   #1374
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactivepower View Post
Does anyone know if drivers are still available for this BTW? Just upgraded to Win 10 in my second compost and wondering if there is a compatible driver for it. The old site appears to be down.
You should reach out to their email address on the web site. To get for access and drivers

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
Old 4th March 2017, 06:31 PM   #1375
diyAudio Member

For those who still have one of these I thought I would give an update on my experience using it with Windows 10. The ASIO driver works perfect. I did an upgrade from Win 7, so I did not even have to reinstall the driver.
Now the really good news. There is a noticeable improvement in the sound quality. I would compare it to the improvement I heard by adding an AudioQuest Jitterbug to the USB chain. I use the latest version of JRiver with no issues.
My only regret is that I did not upgrade to Win 10 sooner.

John
Old 4th March 2017, 07:58 PM   #1376
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradan View Post
You should reach out to their email address on the web site. To get for access and drivers

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
The forum with download section is still live. I was able to eventually navigate there. I did a fresh Windows 10 install recently and grabbed a windows 8 driver and it worked fine.

Hide this!Advertise here!