• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface

Windows has introduced a restriction not to allow to use unsigned drivers.

If the driver is not signed it wont be used.

I understand that with exa this is the case.

Exa drivers are not signed. The installer might be xopying the files, but windows might be ignoring them because of lack of signature thats what I have seen in my first attempt.

Looks like jriver unlocks the direct access to exa and than it worked fine.

Thats my theory. Another way to try is to install a driver in the unsigned mode.

Try right clicking on the newest file, the .msi from 2013. I think that will give you the option to install directly. Instead of running that old install file. I believe that latest file is compatible with W10 cuz I'm runnin' it on mine.

That file from 2013 is just the Dashboard. The driver is the .msi V1 x64. I think you can install that file the same way as the dashboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
As You can read in the posts above. This old driver 'may' not work though. I haven't tried it in a while. It did use to work when I first set it up. JRiver might be a way to get exa to work though. Through direct hardware access, using it's own ASIO driver. I would try to install the .msi v1 file though as that may also be needed by JRiver? If you don't know how to install JRiver's W10 ASIO driver I'm sure there are tutorials 'out there'...

Reactions: 1 user
Try right clicking on the newest file, the .msi from 2013. I think that will give you the option to install directly. Instead of running that old install file. I believe that latest file is compatible with W10 cuz I'm runnin' it on mine.

That file from 2013 is just the Dashboard. The driver is the .msi V1 x64. I think you can install that file the same way as the dashboard.
You made my day! Had to disable driver signing enforcement as well and now it works. Thank you once more!!! 👍🏻

Hello guys. I just had the chance to get a exau2i and tried with a buffalo III se. The sound is just quite and distorted. All the voltage is good on dac.
You can hear the music from both channels but as I said it is very low and distorted. Tried with jriver, foobar, tidal...
The OS is Windows 10.
Any help is appreciated.

Hello guys. I just had the chance to get a exau2i and tried with a buffalo III se. The sound is just quite and distorted. All the voltage is good on dac.
You can hear the music from both channels but as I said it is very low and distorted. Tried with jriver, foobar, tidal...
The OS is Windows 10.
Any help is appreciated.
Turned out the legato analog ps output connector tricked me.

Me again :)
So .. I made it to work. But only with the DB version of the driver. I really don't know why it operate differently but if I am not installing the DB version from the package I don't see any ASIO device in Jriver or in foobar.
This DB version btw has a limit I guess to 192khz because on 352 it has some clicks and stuff. Till 192khz it works fine.
I used the driver what mcspack posted last year.
Windows 10 an latest Jriver was used.