exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 105 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2012, 08:38 PM   #1041
DjSinae is offline DjSinae  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggp View Post
It would be nice if you had a mixer panel with a feature that lets you speed up or slow down the audio so you had perfect lip-sync. I know some of the player apps have this feature, but not all of them do. If you use Windows Media Center for watching DVDs and Blu-rays, you can't make these adjustments.
this need to be done in the media players since it will playback audio before video..

The best is to have less latency in the chain..
I think i'm gonna go with Lynx AES16... low latency and jitter.. not async
and a dac with good jitter handling like ES9018.

Last edited by DjSinae; 15th March 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:06 PM   #1042
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSinae View Post
good i think RME soso SQ is because of the dacs they use and not the usb to dac implementation.. they offer also bitperfect playback but i guess when enable it bypass the internal dsp mixer..

as for processing power, i guess the only way would be to compare them side by side on the same machine.

Your product seem interesting.. im trying to find a way to have a low latency active system (FIR crossover and DRC) with audiophile SQ(dac, usb to i2s) without have to buy the Deqx HDP-4

it's a mess.. it's seems there is no low cost alternative.. sad
In your case the latency is an issue during the recording of the impulse response. Since you have RME, you can use it during the recording stage. Once you have the filter files, the latency won't matter. You just get a delay from the moment the audio stream leaves the player to the moment it hits the DAC. Thus has nothing to do with group relays in the room or in the speakers. Convolution is one way process and it actually can be done offline.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:16 PM   #1043
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggp View Post
It would be nice if you had a mixer panel with a feature that lets you speed up or slow down the audio so you had perfect lip-sync. I know some of the player apps have this feature, but not all of them do. If you use Windows Media Center for watching DVDs and Blu-rays, you can't make these adjustments.
I agree, it is about time to do that.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:20 PM   #1044
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
I agree, it is about time to do that.
is this possible? In my opinion, the only way is thru the player since you will have to delay video playback or forward audio in the player?
Old 15th March 2012, 09:26 PM   #1045
diyAudio Member

Once again, the issue is not latency itself, the issue is the lack of recording ability on the same clock.

People do successful room correction with Slim Devices Squeezbox. How much is the latency over WiFi?

We don't mess with the phase, please be careful with what you are saying. We have customers that have achieved a successful room correction with J River convolver and also with Reaper.

Last edited by exa065; 15th March 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:28 PM   #1046
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSinae View Post
is this possible? In my opinion, the only way is thru the player since you will have to delay video playback or forward audio in the player?
Our ASIO drivers report latency to the player. It is part of the ASIO standard. The synchronization is usually a feature of the player.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:31 PM   #1047
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Our ASIO drivers report latency to the player. It is part of the ASIO standard. The synchronization is usually a feature of the player.
Sorry hihi i forgot about asio latency compensation.. didn't know media players supported this..
Old 15th March 2012, 09:33 PM   #1048
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We don't mess with the phase
i never said you mess with the phase... i said IIR filters in current crossover offering (like minidsp) mess with the phase and that we need a low cost, low latency FIR solution soon.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:34 PM   #1049
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I misunderstood you.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:01 PM   #1050
diyAudio Member

I just finished hooking a exaU2I to a Buffalo III. I am using JRiver as my server on a dedicated machine. The build was easy, the directions where spot on and the driver installed in seconds.
I am still trying to decide what I think of the sound. The combo has a scary amount of detail with no one part of the spectrum dominating the whole. It just seems to lack some of the emotional involvement of my Rega Saturn / BIII setup. I am wondering if the exaI2U takes time to break in like analog components. (those who do not believe in such things need not reply)
Also, what do people think about using higher cost USB cables? Right now I am just using a generic cable.

John

Hide this!Advertise here!