exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface - Page 100 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > exaDevices

exaDevices World-class audio devices for do-it-yourself projects from exaDevices

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2012, 01:23 AM   #991
exa065 is offline exa065  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Nobody posted project pictures for the contest to win exaU2I MKii. I guess people don't have the time to come back and show off their work, so the contest is closed. I am also putting a hold on the development of exaU2I MKii. At this time we need to focus all available resources on the exaSound e18 DAC. We will continue to sell and support the current version of exaU2I, and new driver releases for the e18 DAC will work with it. A new OS X driver will be released within days.
Old 16th February 2012, 07:31 AM   #992
mcspack is offline mcspack  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi George,

I am having some problems getting my exa to work with OSX, I follow the instructions but no matter what I do I get a "Cannot open connection with the hardware. Device may be already in use" error. Not sure what to try. I'll try the new driver when it comes out. But hoping someone has seen this error already and knows what to look for.

thanks,

Will
Old 16th February 2012, 05:35 PM   #993
diyAudio Member

The latest exaSound OS X driver is available for download on our support site. Will, please try it and if you still experience any issues contact us from the support page - www.exadevices.com > Contact > Customer Service.

Regards,
George
Old 16th February 2012, 05:55 PM   #994
diyAudio Member

Default exaU2I Measurements

During the past few weeks I took some measurements of exaU2I connected to our first DAC prototype, code-named the BlackDAC. Here they are.

Note the dramatic difference in dynamic range and resolution between 16bit and 32 bit sources. This illustrates the advantage of listening to high-resolution media sources over 32bit I2S interface, compared to CD quality media / SPDIF.

Even 16 bit and 24 bit sources benefit from the 32bit I2S interface. The full 32 bit range is used when software volume control or DSP processing is applied. OS X does not support Integer modes, the internal Core Audio processing is 32bit float. On OS X Lion the 32bit I2S range is used practically at all times.

I particularly enjoy measurement No.9. You can see -80 dB signal resolved around 80dB above the noise floor.

Last edited by exa065; 16th February 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 16th February 2012, 08:31 PM   #995
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa065 View Post
I am also putting a hold on the development of exaU2I MKii.

Hugely disappointing.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:38 PM   #996
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
Hugely disappointing.
Agreed! PLEASE continue the development of mk II
Old 20th February 2012, 01:40 PM   #997
kotani is offline kotani  Japan
diyAudio Member

Hello. I am really interested in using the exaU2I as an output for a FIR crossover, and I would love to use something like Audiolense to create a convolver file.

I am using Jriver, and the new version now supports native 64bit convolver processing with automatic sampling rate switching. Also, Jriver can compensate automatically for filter delay, which is great for videos.

Unfortunately, Audiolense and Acourate are supposed to work with ASIO, but I can not get it to work with the exaU2I. Is this a driver issue? Is there anything that I can do? I have searched, and I have not found any solutions yet.

Thank you in advanced.
Old 20th February 2012, 02:40 PM   #998
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotani View Post
Hello. I am really interested in using the exaU2I as an output for a FIR crossover, and I would love to use something like Audiolense to create a convolver file.

I am using Jriver, and the new version now supports native 64bit convolver processing with automatic sampling rate switching. Also, Jriver can compensate automatically for filter delay, which is great for videos.

Unfortunately, Audiolense and Acourate are supposed to work with ASIO, but I can not get it to work with the exaU2I. Is this a driver issue? Is there anything that I can do? I have searched, and I have not found any solutions yet.

Thank you in advanced.
It appears that Audiolense would not allow you to mix ASIO output device with a WDM input device. You can try to configure Audiolense with exaU2I and the Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) driver. Make sure that for each measurement the VAC input and output sides are configured to work at the same sampling rate as Audiolense.

The VAC configuration guide is here - exaU2I DB - Installation and Configuration of Native Windows and ASIO Drivers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exaU2I-Audiolense-VAC.jpg (113.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 20th February 2012, 02:46 PM   #999
kotani is offline kotani  Japan
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much for your quick response. Does this mean that if I were to be able to find a ASIO sound card, with an audio input jack, I would be able to use the exaU2I directly in the software?

Also, would there be any disadvantages by using the VAC method?
Old 20th February 2012, 02:48 PM   #1000
diyAudio Member

Audiolense is limited to 192kHz. Perhaps you can ask the developer to enable 352.8 and 384 kHz.

Hide this!Advertise here!